mariadb100-client creates a script /usr/local/bin/mysql_config which is used by other ports to find out how to link to the database client. This file defines variables libs and libs_r as containing "-l-pthread". This should be "-lpthread" instead; the current version results in other ports failing to build, e.g. databases/py-mysqlclient, databases/py-MySQLdb, databases/py-mysqlclient@py36, databases/rubygem-mysql2 and databases/py-MySQLdb56.
Created attachment 196701 [details]
patch for the port Makefile
As a workaround I added a post-build entry to the ports Makefile to patch the generated mysql_config script, see attached patch
I have successfully reproduced the bug and confirmed that it does not affect other MariaDB ports. I spent quite some time trying to figure out why it happens, but have had no luck. Everything I can think of to check looks the same in 10.0 and 10.1, which does not have this bug.
The patch looks fine, except that the correct target to modify is post-configure, and PORTREVISION needs to be bumped.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sat Sep 22 15:05:06 UTC 2018
New revision: 480390
Fix up the mysql_config script after running configure.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org