I have been working on setup the CARP between two FREEBSD servers from last one month. I installed FreeBSD 11.2- RELEASE VM's on my two VMware servers. I setup one as a master other as a slave. I'm able to see the CARP status on both my servers as a MASTER and BACKUP. I can able to ping CARP ip from my other servers. If i reboot my master server i am getting couple of errors in slave server. I would like run the HAST and CARP failover script between two servers but i am getting following servers.
1. ifa_maintain_loopback_route: deletion failed for interface em0:3
2. carp: 1@em0: BACKUP -> MASTER (master timed out)
I did following troubleshooting steps:
1. I changed Net.ReversePathFwdCheckPromisc to 1 on my both VMware servers
2. i changed net.inet.carp.preempt value to 1 in sysctl config file.
3. I connected two servers to dummy switch.
Please help me on this issue.