With the upgrade to version 1.8.0 it fails to compile:
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... -D_THREAD_SAFE
checking for PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT... yes
checking for pthread_spinlock_t... yes
checking for pthread_rwlock_t... yes
checking if -pthread unused during linking... no
./configure: 16926: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to jaap@NLnetLabs.nl [maintainer] and attach the
"/wrkdirs/usr/ports/dns/unbound/work/unbound-1.8.0/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1
make: stopped in /usr/ports/dns/unbound
=>> Cleaning up wrkdir
===> Cleaning for unbound-1.8.0
build of dns/unbound | unbound-1.8.0 ended at Wed Sep 19 23:11:10 CEST 2018
build time: 00:00:12
!!! build failure encountered !!!
For full log, please see here:
(In reply to Matthias Fechner from comment #0)
Ok, I've tried 11.2 and 12-current and I didn't get this error
Does adding pkgconfig to the USES line fix it for you? If so, I'll go ahead and commit that, I think that's the issue.
(In reply to Steve Wills from comment #2)
Thanks that fixes it:
-USES= autoreconf cpe libtool ssl
+USES= autoreconf cpe libtool ssl pkgconfig
Change in comment 3 is
Approved by: portmgr (blanket, fix dependencies)
I still cannot reproduce the problem. But if using pkconfig fixes it, I'm fine
A commit references this bug:
Date: Thu Sep 20 14:42:34 UTC 2018
New revision: 480177
dns/unbound: Fix configure in some cases
Fix configure by adding missing pkgconfig to uses
Submitted by: leres (solution, via email), mfechner (patch)
Reported by: leres, mfechner
Approved by: jaap@NLnetLabs.nl (maintainer)
Fix committed, thanks all!
*** Bug 231527 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to jaap from comment #5)
Did you try building with the LIBEVENT option off? That is what triggers it. Perhaps we should remove the LIBEVENT_USES=pkgconfig line now...
(In reply to Steve Wills from comment #9)
Yes, "LIBEVENT option off" seems the trigger, thanks for finding this.
And removing "LIBEVENT_USES=pkgconfig" fixes this cae. Before we call victory
I'll do some more test with/without various option combinations.
Created attachment 197397 [details]
Patch to fix problem
Patches Makefile of port
I'm not sure if your patch really fixes the problem, as I do not have LIBEVENT set:
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# Options for unbound-1.7.2
_FILE_COMPLETE_OPTIONS_LIST=DNSCRYPT DNSTAP DOCS ECDSA EVAPI FILTER_AAAA GOST HIREDIS LIBEVENT MUNIN_PLUGIN PYTHON SUBNET TFOCL TFOSE THREADS
(In reply to jaap from comment #11)
sry, misread your patch, it works for me, please ignore my comment #c12
A commit references this bug:
Date: Mon Oct 1 23:33:41 UTC 2018
New revision: 481078
dns/unbound: remove unnecessary LIBEVENT_USES
Submitted by: jaap@NLnetLabs.nl (maintainer)