Created attachment 199845 [details]
Patch to upgrade
Added option to port enabling DNSTAO
This version has DNSTAP support (https://dnstap.info). Use
--enable-dnstap for ./configure to turn it on, then in nsd.conf enable
the dnstap feature with dnstap-enable: yes and set one or more of
dnstap-log-..-messages to yes. And set the dnstap socket path in the
The reuseport: yes config option in nsd.conf on FreeBSD 12 can use the
SO_REUSEPORT_LB option that performs performance load balancing.
The changezone command for nsd-control allows to change the pattern
associated with a zone without downtime for the zone, in one operation.
It is otherwise just like a delete and an add for that zone.
- DNSTAP support for NSD, --enable-dnstap and then config in nsd.conf.
- Support SO_REUSEPORT_LB in FreeBSD 12 with the reuseport: yes
option in nsd.conf.
- Added nsd-control changezone. nsd-control changezone name pattern
allows the change of a zone pattern option without downtime for
the zone, in one operation.
- Fix #4194: Zone file parser derailed by non-FQDN names in RHS of
- Fix #4202: nsd-control delzone incorrect exit code on error.
- Tab style fix to use tab for 8 spaces, from Xiaobo Liu.
- Fix #4205: enable-recvmmsg in mixed IPv4/IPv6 environment fails.
This sets the msg_hdr.msg_namelen correctly after receipt.
- Fix to not set GLOB_NOSORT so the nsd.conf include: files are
sorted and in a predictable order.
- Fix #3433: document that reconfig does not change per-zone stats.
Comment on attachment 199845 [details]
Patch to upgrade
Goes below MASTER_SITES, with space in between according to Order of variables in handbook
(In reply to Nathan from comment #1)
The order of lines in the Makefile didn't change form previous versions and the LIB_DEPENDS entry is below MASTER_SITES so I don't get it. Can you clarify?
(In reply to jaap from comment #2)
Variables don't go below OPTIONS unless they are part of OPTIONS. https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-order.html
(In reply to Nathan from comment #3)
You seem to be the first committer to notice this. Will upload a new patch
Created attachment 199896 [details]
updated patch to upgrade
(In reply to jaap from comment #5)
Thank you for the update.
For this and future contributions, please use the maintainer-approval flag (set to +) on attachments, for patches to ports you are maintainer of, to declare a maintainer provided (approved) patch.
Attachment -> Details -> maintainer-approval [+]
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Dec 9 01:03:05 UTC 2018
New revision: 487004
dns/nsd: Update to 4.1.26
While here, pet portlint
Submitted by: jaap@NLnetLabs.nl (maintainer)