Created attachment 200384 [details]
The current version of the port has a number of problems:
1) The shared library is misnamed (libtrio.so.2.0.0)
2) There is no shlib symlink installed, so ports LIB_DEPENDing on trio (such as graphics/GraphicsMagick) break
3) The shared library is created EMPTY - none of the compiled shared objects are put into it
4) The static library is built from files compiled with position-independent mode (-fPIC), needlessly.
5) The upstream's documentation is installed, which adds no value - the texts are available online.
6) The bundled test-suit is not used.
The proposed patch changes things thus:
1) Build and install the library using the bsd.lib.mk
2) Compile and run the author's regression.c
3) Patch the regression.c to work - not sure, why the patch is needed
4) Do not bother with the docs - these aren't man-pages and require a browser anyway, may as well read them online.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Dec 28 14:03:34 UTC 2018
New revision: 488600
Fix multiple issues in devel/trio
* unbreak the port in the tier architectures
* add a bsd makefile to build and install the port instead of a gnu makefile
* run the author regression test as part of the build process
* do the proper changes to be able to disable the documentation
The new generated lib is named libtrio.so.2 ( previously misnamed libtrio.so.2.0.0)
and the libtrio.so symlink is generated. An entry in the UPDATING file was added
about those changes
Submitted by: mi
I didn't remove the documentation because I think it's useful to have it and has size cost is so small.
Thanks. You may wish to also reach out to the author regarding our need to patch the regression.c