Bug 234666 - german/aspell: fails to open German dict file
Summary: german/aspell: fails to open German dict file
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Some People
Assignee: Baptiste Daroussin
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-01-06 17:06 UTC by aeuii
Modified: 2019-01-16 11:55 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
bugzilla: maintainer-feedback? (office)


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description aeuii 2019-01-06 17:06:38 UTC
$ aspell -a -m -d de_DE --encoding=utf-8
Error: The file "/usr/local/share/aspell/de_DE" can not be opened for reading.



System info:


$ freebsd-version 
12.0-RELEASE-p1

$ pkg info de-aspell-20161207_1 
de-aspell-20161207_1
Name           : de-aspell
Version        : 20161207_1
Installed on   : Sun Jan  6 15:01:56 2019 CET
Origin         : german/aspell
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : german textproc
Licenses       : 
Maintainer     : office@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : UNKNOWN
Comment        : Aspell German dictionary
Annotations    :
	FreeBSD_version: 1200086
	repo_type      : binary
	repository     : FreeBSD_latest
Flat size      : 45.1KiB
Description    :
Aspell German dictionary.
Comment 1 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2019-01-07 08:55:54 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: bapt
Date: Mon Jan  7 08:55:41 UTC 2019
New revision: 489564
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/489564

Log:
  de-aspell: install the .multi files in the right place

  aspell look up for the .multi files in the datadir in order to load the proper
  dictionnaries.

  PR:		234666
  Reported by:	aeuii@posteo.de

Changes:
  head/german/aspell/Makefile
  head/german/aspell/pkg-plist
Comment 2 aeuii 2019-01-07 21:01:19 UTC
I have update the package [1] but it does not seem to be working properly:


$ aspell -a -m -d de_DE --encoding=utf-8
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6.1)
hallo
# hallo 0


The English dict works well:


aspell -a -m -d en --encoding=utf-8 
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6.1)
hello
*


PS would it be possible to add or make an alias called "de" instead of "de_DE"?


[1] # pkg info de-aspell-20161207_2 
de-aspell-20161207_2
Name           : de-aspell
Version        : 20161207_2
Installed on   : Mon Jan  7 12:23:07 2019 CET
Origin         : german/aspell
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : german textproc
Licenses       : 
Maintainer     : office@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : UNKNOWN
Comment        : Aspell German dictionary
Annotations    :
	FreeBSD_version: 1200086
Flat size      : 45.1KiB
Description    :
Aspell German dictionary.
Comment 3 Sascha Holzleiter 2019-01-16 11:08:20 UTC
Same problem here, the dictionary doesn't work after the update:

  $ aspell -d de_DE dump master | aspell -l de_DE expand | wc -l
       0

  $ aspell -d en dump master | aspell -l en expand | wc -l
  119773

  $ pkg info -x aspell
  aspell-0.60.6.1_8
  de-aspell-20161207_2
  en-aspell-7.1.0_1
Comment 4 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2019-01-16 11:55:37 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: bapt
Date: Wed Jan 16 11:55:09 UTC 2019
New revision: 490473
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/490473

Log:
  the aspell dictionnary actually depends on perl to be built properly
  While here add a de alias so one can call aspell -d de

  PR:		234666

Changes:
  head/german/aspell/Makefile
  head/german/aspell/pkg-plist
Comment 5 Baptiste Daroussin freebsd_committer 2019-01-16 11:55:49 UTC
properly fixed this time sorry.
As an apology I added a de alias which points de de_DE.