I'm running on a Dell XPS 13 9370 (I think, the later version of XPS 13 with USB-C and ath10k ethernet) and I keep on running a few cases about keyboards buttons sticking or not being detected:
- If I do C-s in emacs or C-w in Chrome, the s or w can stick forever until I hit another key.
- When I switch workspaces in i3, if I'm holding down a modifier key (shift, alt, ctrl), often times the modifier key is not registered, I have to press it again to for it to take effect.
I don't know exactly where these are a problem, maybe this is actually an X11 problem? However I have only experienced this on this laptop.
Hello. I suspect this is not a FreeBSD issue but I can't be sure, of course. It helps if you can investigate and return with more details:
- You can test if it happens in other OSes (Booting into Linux Live CD or other OS e.g.)
- Check if issue is listed and fixed by vendor's firmware updates (AKA BIOS)
- Update to latest firmware anyway