Created attachment 201693 [details]
Vulkan (like Wayland) is the future. At the moment Vulkan is best supported on AMD GPUs on drm-kmod. Let package-only users try it.
Here're build logs:
- 11.2 aarch64: https://ptpb.pw/1XlR
- 11.2 amd64: https://ptpb.pw/5rAQ
- 11.2 armv6: https://ptpb.pw/4Fat
- 11.2 i386: https://ptpb.pw/Co7U
- 12.0 aarch64: https://ptpb.pw/1-Qp
- 12.0 amd64: https://ptpb.pw/tGMR
- 12.0 armv6: https://ptpb.pw/a_H-
- 12.0 armv7: https://ptpb.pw/ncsc
- 12.0 i386: https://ptpb.pw/EcrO
- 13.0 amd64: https://ptpb.pw/iYCt
- 13.0 armv7: https://ptpb.pw/AW8w
- 13.0 i386: https://ptpb.pw/JcnL
FWIW, Vulkan should work fine on Intel with drm-kmod after mesa-dri upgrade to 19.0.0.
(In reply to Jan Beich from comment #1)
Approved! Go ahead, Jan :)
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Feb 3 23:38:10 UTC 2019
New revision: 492084
multimedia/mpv: enable VULKAN by default
Approved by: cpm (maintainer)
Option VULKAN isn't compatible with option WAYLAND:
/usr/bin/ld: error: undefined symbol: vkCreateWaylandSurfaceKHR
>>> referenced by context_wayland.c
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Build fine with VULKAN or with WAYLAND option, but not with both.
Tested on 12.0 amd64.
vkCreateWaylandSurfaceKHR is provided by graphics/vulkan-loader if built with WAYLAND=on. As the ports framework doesn't support requiring specific options in dependencies changing defaults outside of OPTIONS_SET/OPTIONS_UNSET in non-leaf ports is fragile. I've kind of anticipated an error like yours when writing 20181111 entry in UPDATING.
(In reply to Jan Beich from comment #5)
Thanks, rebuild graphics/vulkan-loader with WAYLAND=on fixed mpv build.
IMHO, better to add some message about this dependency in multimedia/mpv - in pkg-descr or in Makefile.