Created attachment 202094 [details]
Now using Python 3 and installing with setuptools instead of scons.
Old libmypaint and mypaint-brushes (used by graphics/gimp-app) are now with the '1' suffix.
@greg: wanna take maintenership for this port ?
(In reply to Rodrigo Osorio from comment #1)
The patch submitted is not correct :
- the same patch impact multiple ports with multiple maintainers:
This will increase de delay of adoption since we need approval for
each port maintainer. At least you should better create one patch
per port or a bug report per port and indicate the dependencies.
- Some ports in your patch doesn't exists in ports tree:
If this is garbage, remove it from the final patch you submit.
(In reply to Rodrigo Osorio from comment #3)
They're added by the patch
> Old libmypaint and mypaint-brushes (used by graphics/gimp-app) are now with the '1' suffix.
It doesn't really make sense to split it up, renaming the old version and introducing the new version should go in together
> They're added by the patch
> > Old libmypaint and mypaint-brushes
> > (used by graphics/gimp-app) are now with the '1' suffix.
My bad I didn't read your comments carefully enough. Nevertheless, you can't go that way so easily.
1st because 20+ packages has a direct dependency on mypaint-brushes,
so you must provide a patch for all the ports who depends on, or request an
exp-run to ensure moving to the new version doesn't break anything
2nd, libmypaint and mypaint-brushes maintainer has to approve the changes you suggest and validate the naming for the new port .
I will recommend to start first with those two ports then see what the next step is.
As said before, the submitted patch touch too many ports (graphics/gimp-app, graphics/libmypaint, graphics/libmypaint1, graphics/mypaint-brushes graphics/mypaint) and multiple maintainers. Furthermore, mypaint-brushes
is a dependency for 20+ ports.
I suggest you to create one PR per port to update, and use the 'depends on' fiels to link them. This way the ports maintainers can provide feedback on your patch.
Why don't we install new libmypaint as libmypaint20 until gimp and other ports catch up? Let's keep mypaint at 1.x for now.
(In reply to Marcin Cieślak from comment #7)
We usually have the old versions numbered, not the new ones. But that's fine of course, I've been thinking about this too. Just haven't had time to update the patch.