HP X3421 (based on AMD 64 bits X3421 GPU) could not turbo boost to 3.4GHz
It could only running at Max. speed of 2.1GHz only.
1. Install the basic system
2. Enable the CPU frequency control feature (enabled by default), device cpufreq
3. enable Powerd in /etc/rc.conf, powerd_enable="YES"
4. make full load to the system
5. observe the sysctl variable by "sysctl -a | grep cpu.0.freq"
it will show;
dev.cpu.0.freq_levels: 2100/5036 1800/3650 1400/2428
Thank you for your report Paul
Can you please provide additional information, including:
- Exact FreeBSD version (uname -a)
- /var/run/dmesg.boot output (as an attachment)
- pciconf -lv output (as an attachment)
Pretty sure 2.1 GHz is the highest p-state on that CPU. Boost is CPU-internal overclocking from the highest p-state. It isn't represented in the dev.cpu sysctl tree.
I don't believe the test performed here actually demonstrates that the CPU *isn't* correctly boosting when p-state, thermal and load/voltage requirements are satisfied.