In FreeBSD 12, the "-o large" option has been removed from mount_msdosfs, so mounting FAT drives doesn't work.
You can check the documentation here:
The problem has been fixed in recent versions of automount, please update it :-)
On another note: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/automount/files/pkg-install.in?revision=378537&view=markup
should have "sbin" instead of "bin" on line 8.
Quick solution is here:
I will fix that and try to send new port as soon as possible.
Major sysutils/automount 1.7.0 Update
Thanks to Rozhuk Ivan who reworked some of sysutils/automount code the new 1.7.0 version is now ready and available.
The changelog is pretty impressive this time:
New options available in automount.conf config file.
Filesystem detection/mounting reworked totally with file(1)/dd(1)/fstyp(8) as backends.
Notifications are now possible with libnitify(8) library.
Automatic detection of DISPLAY variable.
New automatic wait for device appearance.
New detection if device is a block device.
Introduction of CD-ROM support.
Automatic detection of File Manager with exo-open(1).
Option REMOVEDIRS is deprecated now.
Handle ‘-o large’ option for FAT under FreeBSD 11.x and 12.x versions.
As its not yet available in the FreeBSD Ports please use manual procedure.
Download and unpack the automount-1.7.0.tar.gz file from:
Then copy its files to appropriate places as shown below.
# cp automount.conf /usr/local/etc/automount.conf
# cp automount_devd.conf /usr/local/etc/devd/automount_devd.conf
# cp automount /usr/local/sbin/automount
# chmod +x /usr/local/sbin/automount
# /etc/rc.d/devd restart
Created attachment 206971 [details]
Created attachment 206972 [details]
Created attachment 206973 [details]
Please update the port to 1.7.0 using attached files:
@Vermaden Could you please combine the individual patches into a single attachment please (obsoleting the existing ones)
The only time separate attachments are required are when:
- One is separating bugfixes from version/feature updates, so that the former can be committed first and merged to the quarterly branch
- There are updates to multiple ports that require individual/different maintainer approval
Please also confirm the changes pass QA (portlint, poudriere at least). For more information and instructions see: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/testing.html
Created attachment 206996 [details]
With changes in do-install.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Sep 29 20:01:22 UTC 2019
New revision: 513267
sysutils/automount: upgrade 1.5.8 -> 1.7.0
- The automount has now a new co-author - Rozhuk Ivan.
- New options available in automount.conf config file.
- Filesystem detection/mounting reworked totally
with file(1)/dd(1)/fstyp(8) as backends.
- Notifications are now possible with libnitify(8) library.
- Automatic detection of DISPLAY variable.
- New automatic wait for device appearance.
- New detection if device is a block device.
- Introduction of CD-ROM support.
- Automatic detection of File Manager with exo-open(1).
- Option REMOVEDIRS is deprecated now.
- Handle '-o large' option for FAT under FreeBSD 11.x and 12.x versions.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org (maintainer), Rozhuk Ivan
Reported by: OlivierW <email@example.com>
Reviewed by: koobs