Created attachment 209889 [details]
The multimedia/qt5-multimedia port has an OPTIONS knob to build with or without openal dependency, but the option is bogus, since Makefile does not take it into account and hardcodes unconditional dependency via USES.
The attached patch fixes the problem
Thanks for the patch, that sounds reasonable.
- I expect that this needs a PORTREVISION bump.
- I think OPENAL should be in OPTIONS_DEFAULT so that the change to the package is as small (and unsurprising) as possible. Yes, the option is default off right now, but the feature (openal) is on in all existing packages (because the option is broken).
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Jan 1 00:01:43 UTC 2020
New revision: 521666
Fix OPENAL knob in multimedia/qt5-multimedia
The knob was already there, but didn't have any machinery attached.
- Move USES=openal to the knob
- Introduce a patch to actually make openal configurable
(instead of only following autodetect, so you can still
turn the knob off with OpenAL installed)
- Tidy the port a little
- Add OPENAL to default options.
Previously, setting or unsetting OPENAL had no effect, and OpenAL
was always a dependency and used. Now, it does have an effect.
I've made it default so that the default options still match
what the port previously did (that is, depend on OpenAL).
Bump PORTREVISION because of that.
(Based very loosely on a patch submitted by Piotr Smyrak)
Reported by: Piotr Smyrak