Vulkan SDK 126.96.36.199 was recently released (see URL field). The version in ports is several months old, so consumers may start to depend on it. For wider adoption via /quarterly it'd be nice to land before 2020-01-01.
Can you provide a patch and test on AMD?
Looks good to me. Can you provide a patch?
(In reply to Emanuel Haupt from comment #1)
Please ignore. Wrong PR.
Created attachment 214499 [details]
Update vulkan to 1.2.135
My second attempt at upgrading vulkan and all related ports to something more recent.
The vulkan validation layers crash when presenting to a physical display, which is why I'd like to see this updated. I've tested the loader/validation layers regularly with no issues.
* most of the changes are just bumping version numbers
* some patches were no longer needed due to being applied upstream
* new patches had to be added to fix #ifdefs for platform support
* shaderc wants to use spirv-headers now, in much the same way as spirv-tools
Please let me know if there is anything that needs improving.
Created attachment 214508 [details]
1.2.135 update, v3
All consumers build fine on 12.1 amd64. I've fixed a few minor bugs mainly found via poudriere:
- PORTREVISION wasn't reset to 0
- pkg-plist was often missing new entries (broken in graphics/shaderc)
- devel/vulkan-tools wasn't rebased after ports r535235
- Cruft (e.g., unused PATCH_SITES and SHADERC_ENABLE_NV_EXTENSIONS)
graphics/vulkan-loader fails to build on i386, see https://reviews.freebsd.org/P387
<instantiation>:14:17: error: cannot use more than one symbol in memory operand
push offset termin_error_string@GOT # Push the error string (fourth arg)
> graphics/vulkan-loader fails to build on i386
Maybe using binutils gnu as on i386 would help.
Otherwise, you could just slap a BROKEN_i386 on this I guess.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri May 15 03:26:10 UTC 2020
New revision: 535260
devel/vulkan-*: update to 188.8.131.52
Submitted by: Austin Shafer <email@example.com>
Approved by: Greg V <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)
I've bisected to https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Loader/commit/85836796b357
-no-integrated-as -B/usr/local/bin helped but then the build couldn't find gen_defines.asm.