Bug 243128 - security/pam_per_user marked as broken due to source domain not being available
Summary: security/pam_per_user marked as broken due to source domain not being available
Status: New
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Some People
Assignee: Jim Pirzyk
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-01-06 12:57 UTC by Jørgen Asmussen
Modified: 2020-01-13 17:14 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
pirzyk: maintainer-feedback+


Attachments
Patch that enables fetching from new set of distfiles (807 bytes, patch)
2020-01-07 10:25 UTC, Daniel Ebdrup Jensen
no flags Details | Diff
New patch that adds more MASTER_SITES (1.13 KB, patch)
2020-01-08 10:16 UTC, Daniel Ebdrup Jensen
no flags Details | Diff
Build log from make build (4.81 KB, text/plain)
2020-01-08 10:19 UTC, Daniel Ebdrup Jensen
no flags Details
Fixed diff with only one MASTER_SITE (939 bytes, patch)
2020-01-08 10:29 UTC, Daniel Ebdrup Jensen
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jørgen Asmussen 2020-01-06 12:57:49 UTC
A new link for the source file to the broken package:

http://www.gnu-darwin.org/distfiles/pam_per_user-0.4.tar.gz
Comment 1 Jørgen Asmussen 2020-01-06 13:07:15 UTC
(In reply to Jørgen Asmussen from comment #0)
It seems that the file I'm linking to does not have the same sha256, nor the same size, so while it's technically the same software, the new link won't work due to not being the same.

It seems that the original source file has vanished into the void as the domain that once hosted it is no longer operational.

Is there anything I can do to get this package back to non-broken condition?

Regards
Comment 2 Jørgen Asmussen 2020-01-06 13:37:18 UTC
Or not... I should've validated the SHA256 on a fbsd system, which I now did and the SHA256 is the same. So it should be a valid new source for the port.

Regards
Comment 3 Daniel Ebdrup Jensen freebsd_committer 2020-01-07 10:25:38 UTC
Created attachment 210498 [details]
Patch that enables fetching from new set of distfiles

A little patch that makes the port build. Timestamp has been updated, but checksum matches existing distfile on record.
Comment 4 Jim Pirzyk freebsd_committer 2020-01-07 16:48:22 UTC
Approved.

The only concern I had is why is the SHA256 different on a non FreeBSD system?

Also probably need to submit the same update to security/pam_pseudo
Comment 5 Jørgen Asmussen 2020-01-08 07:39:07 UTC
Chrome unpacked the gzip on download, which I only noticed after I wrote this.

Regards
Comment 7 Daniel Ebdrup Jensen freebsd_committer 2020-01-08 10:16:29 UTC
Created attachment 210522 [details]
New patch that adds more MASTER_SITES

I've added the MASTER_SITES listed, and since I was unsure that I checked whether it built, I went ahead and tested.

If it passes approval, please remember to set the maintainer flag, so we can get this done :)
Comment 8 Daniel Ebdrup Jensen freebsd_committer 2020-01-08 10:19:15 UTC
Created attachment 210523 [details]
Build log from make build
Comment 9 Daniel Ebdrup Jensen freebsd_committer 2020-01-08 10:29:27 UTC
Created attachment 210524 [details]
Fixed diff with only one MASTER_SITE

Whoops, I made a mistake and included (unofficial) FreeBSD distfile caches, so reverting to the originally uploaded diff.