Running "man xsltproc" returns a man page badly formatted.
For example I see many keywords such as .HP, .PP, .RE and text is badly aligned.
On the other hand bold fonts seem to be correct.
I see the man page is correct here:
Maybe the fact that I run 13.0-CURRENT can be part of the cause of the problem.
Yeah you're right that manpage looks broken for me locally too.
Created attachment 210726 [details]
Trying a patch, hope it is right.
Created attachment 210727 [details]
Attached my new xsltproc.1, if there additional changes needed.
Created attachment 210729 [details]
Found two errors.
Created attachment 210730 [details]
10 .TH "XSLTPROC" "1" "$Date$" "libxslt" "xsltproc Manual"
is not correct, should have the form like
.TH "XSLTPROC" "1" "$Date: 2008\-04\-21 16:28:56 +0200 (Mon, 21 Apr 2008) $" "libxslt" "xsltproc Manual"
but I don't know if the date is correct (got this from ubuntu).
Last line of the manpage shows now:
libxslt ==> $Date$ XSLTPROC(1)
I don't use the ubuntu manpage, I only use it as example for formatting.
Lorenzo could you please confirm whether the manpages look ok to you with Walter's patch?
Created attachment 211037 [details]
Most of the issues seem to be fixed by the patch (I tried svn-diff-man-xsltproc_v2), but there is still a pair of problems:
- text is misaligned (see screenshot attached for an example);
- a .PP survived in the See also section;
- at the center of the very last line there's the string '$Date$' instead of a date;
- in the Description section you can find a double space: 'line. xsltproc'. I would also have avoided the last space in 'It will use the standard input if a filename provided is - .' (space between - and .) but maybe this was done on purpose.
About '$Date$', see also comment #6.
Created attachment 211051 [details]
Created attachment 211052 [details]
If it is desired to have a more simple last line (with the date), it is easy to edit line 28 in the patch (no new patch is needed).
Comment on attachment 211052 [details]
Text misalignment and .PP are fixed.
In the Description section there is still the double space: 'line. xsltproc' between the dot and 'x'.
The space after '-' in the sentence 'It will use the standard input if a filename provided is -' has been removed, but the final dot has been lost as well.
Created attachment 211071 [details]
Here is the "point" back. The error with the double space I did not found (but I don't think this is important).
(In reply to Walter Schwarzenfeld from comment #16)
The point is indeed back.
If you want to get rid of the double space too you can do it by replacing the new line in the source with 1 space.
I.e. change the 2 lines
document with a Stylesheet Processing Instruction, no stylesheet need to be named at the command line\.
\fBxsltproc\fR will automatically detect the included stylesheet and use it\.
into the unique line
document with a Stylesheet Processing Instruction, no stylesheet need to be named at the command line\. \fBxsltproc\fR will automatically detect the included stylesheet and use it\.
I tested by editing the installed man page and it worked that way.
Created attachment 211072 [details]
Voila! Here it is.
Comment on attachment 211072 [details]
Patch tested successfully :)
Thanks you two for the patch and verifying it. Committed.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Feb 11 18:44:30 UTC 2020
New revision: 525884
textproc/libxslt: fix formatting of xsltproc(1)
Submitted by: Walter Schwarzenfeld <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reported by: Lorenzo Salvadore <email@example.com>