Bug 243353 - x11-fonts/victor-mono-ttf: Update to 1.3.1
Summary: x11-fonts/victor-mono-ttf: Update to 1.3.1
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Only Me
Assignee: Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh
URL: https://github.com/rubjo/victor-mono/...
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-01-14 17:24 UTC by Lewis Cook
Modified: 2020-01-17 15:13 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff (967 bytes, patch)
2020-01-14 17:24 UTC, Lewis Cook
vulcan: maintainer-approval+
Details | Diff
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.log (14.55 KB, text/plain)
2020-01-14 17:25 UTC, Lewis Cook
no flags Details
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff (502 bytes, patch)
2020-01-15 18:53 UTC, Lewis Cook
no flags Details | Diff
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff (504 bytes, patch)
2020-01-15 18:58 UTC, Lewis Cook
vulcan: maintainer-approval+
Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-14 17:24:40 UTC
Created attachment 210738 [details]
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff

Changes:
   * Bump DISTVERSION to 1.3.1 and regenerate distinfo.

QA:
   * Portlint: Looks fine;
   * Poudriere: Package built (logs included).
Comment 1 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-14 17:25:16 UTC
Created attachment 210739 [details]
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.log

* Attached Poudriere build log.
Comment 2 Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh freebsd_committer 2020-01-15 15:35:46 UTC
I cannot retrieve the new zipball in attachment 210738 [details].

I tried the following URLs:
- https://rubjo.github.io/victor-mono/VictorMonoAll.zip
- https://github.com/rubjo/victor-mono/raw/v1.3.1/public/VictorMonoAll.zip

But all of them are
SHA256 (VictorMonoAll.zip) = 2fb18068fb921e4580e96540f2626c0c4b033eae8da35dd892e5a9ce52cd0ed9
SIZE (VictorMonoAll.zip) = 6474704
Comment 3 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-15 16:21:36 UTC
(In reply to Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh from comment #2)
Thanks for catching this. I'm not quite sure where I got that sha256 sum from; although I ran `make distclean` and `make makesum` again now I get the same results as you. I've taken a further look into the latest tag release which includes the source and found:

public ζ sha256  VictorMonoAll.zip
SHA256 (VictorMonoAll.zip) = 2fb18068fb921e4580e96540f2626c0c4b033eae8da35dd892e5a9ce52cd0ed9
public ζ

Which matches the exact same sha256 sum of 1.3.0 - so either the author forgot to rebuild the font /or/ there's a reason behind it. In the latest tag release the only difference is (https://github.com/rubjo/victor-mono/commit/fa006fd5a9775e63536d03d24934d95223c4409f) - nothing that effects the archive itself.

In any case, I created an issue on Github: https://github.com/rubjo/victor-mono/issues/66.
Comment 4 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-15 18:33:14 UTC
(In reply to Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh from comment #2)

Found the issue.

During the initial submission (refer to the patch here https://bz-attachments.freebsd.org/attachment.cgi?id=210619) the sha256 hash was '13a0b209eaafc4a935404bae51aba7aaa9c73a2bbefc1c70195a585723b48ce0' - at the time was the latest release 0.3.0.

However, when merged into the ports tree the 'distinfo' was regenerated and subsequently the hash was updated too (https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/x11-fonts/victor-mono-ttf/distinfo?view=co). There's a discrepancy to what was submitted and what was merged. This is where the confusion arose from.

Anywho, should I drop the patch for `distinfo` and simply keep the bump in DISTVERSION?
Comment 5 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-15 18:47:46 UTC
Optionally, I believe it would be a good idea to set MASTER_SITES to 'https://github.com/rubjo/${PORTNAME}/raw/v${DISTVERSION}/public/' - this then avoids the issue as aforementioned.
Comment 6 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-15 18:53:18 UTC
Created attachment 210762 [details]
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff

* Address comment #5.
Comment 7 Lewis Cook freebsd_triage 2020-01-15 18:58:26 UTC
Created attachment 210765 [details]
victor-mono-ttf-1.3.1.diff

* Minor refactor, use '${DISTVERSIONFULL}' in-place of 'v${DISTVERSION}'.
Comment 8 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2020-01-17 15:04:02 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: sunpoet
Date: Fri Jan 17 15:03:28 UTC 2020
New revision: 523301
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/523301

Log:
  Fix DISTVERSION

  - Update MASTER_SITES

  PR:		243353
  Submitted by:	Lewis Cook <vulcan@wired.sh> (maintainer)

Changes:
  head/x11-fonts/victor-mono-ttf/Makefile
Comment 9 Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh freebsd_committer 2020-01-17 15:13:57 UTC
Committed. Thanks!