Created attachment 212066 [details]
Always require pkgconfig instead of only requiring it for NSS
Add pidfile to rc.d script to stop it from complaining when stopping chronyd.
Document chronyd_* options in rc.d script.
Build info is available at https://gitlab.com/swills/freebsd-ports/pipelines/122227075
Created attachment 212095 [details]
Build info is available at https://gitlab.com/swills/freebsd-ports/pipelines/126854034
Hi Colin, what is the purpose of the pkgconfig change, why is it needed? With every option on except NSS, I don't seem to need it.
(In reply to Matthias Andree from comment #4)
Without pkgconfig, chrony will build fine but won't link to nettle.
*** Bug 242510 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Apr 5 21:20:11 UTC 2020
New revision: 530840
net/chrony: make NETTLE build robust, improve rc script, re-enable NSS
Changes by Colin T.:
* Always require pkgconfig instead of only requiring it for NSS,
because otherwise chrony does not link reliably to nettle. 
* Add pidfile to rc.d script to stop it from complaining when
stopping chronyd. 
* Document chronyd_* options in rc.d script. 
Changes by Matthias Andree:
* Move USES line up to please portlint.
* Add HTMLDOCS option, to build and install HTML docs. IMPLIES DOCS.
Needs textproc/asciidoctor (rubygem) as build requisite.
* Turn CRYPTLIB into a _RADIO to choose at most one from NSS + NETTLE.
* Under WITH_DEBUG, add --enable-debug to CONFIGURE_ARGS.
* Remove @ (silent) from Makefile commands.
* Remove NSS_BROKEN, chrony 3.5 appears to work with NSS. Updates .
PR: 244534 
PR: 242510 
PR: 223840 
Submitted by: Colin T. <email@example.com> 
Reported by: Matt Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> 
Approved by: maintainer timeout (email@example.com, 36 days)
Colin, understood and confirmed with poudriere. Building directly from the port picked up nettle for some reason.
I have taken the opportunity to mess with the OPTIONS quite a bit to more thoroughly reflect the package behaviour in the options.
Thank you for submitting the patch!