Created attachment 212538 [details]
The runtime dependency on net-im/pidgin, together with the fact that the shared object is placed in a pidgin specific directory, prevents that this plugin can be ued by other libpurple based clients.
I wanted to used this on my bitlbee server and it dragged pidgin with all dependencies on the server and I had to symlink the shared object into the libpurple directory.
That's why I propose to change this into a libpurple plugin. Pidgin, being libpurple based, can still use the rocketchat plugin.
* Rename net-im/pidgin-rocketchat to net-im/purple-rocketchat
* drop dependency on pidgin, add dependency to libpurple
* place shared object into the correct libpurple directory
While here I updated the plugin to the latest git version and reworded the pkg-descr.
The changes are documented in MOVED and UPDATING. As I am not a native speaker someone should check my spelling and grammar in UPDATING (thanks).
The svn diff I created after running
svn mv net-im/pidgin-rocketchat net-im/purple-rocketchat
is attached to this PR.
* MOVEDlint.awk: no complains about the line I added to MOVED
* portlint -A: no errors, just a warning regarding the "purple-" prefix
* poudriere testport: ok
Tests I have done:
* I am currently running irc/bitlbee with libpurple backend and this plugin to participate in a rocketchat channel.
* I joined the same channel using net-im/pidgin using this plugin.
Created attachment 212606 [details]
Updated svn diff
I updated the patch to fix a typo in MOVED. This patch also add the new SUBDIR the net-im Makefile (and removes the old one, of course).
Although I prepared the patch by calling `svn mv net-im/pidgin-rocketchat net-im/purple-rocketchat`, I wasn't able to apply the patch after preparing a clean ports tree by calling `svn mv net-im/pidgin-rocketchat net-im/purple-rocketchat`.
The way I managed to apply the patch are the following steps:
1) svn cp net-im/pidgin-rocketchat net-im/purple-rocketchat
2) svn patch <path-to-patch>