I recently did two new fresh installs of 12.1-RELEASE and then pkg installed postfix 3.4.9,1 on each of them.
At the end of the pkg installs the following message displays:
To use postfix instead of sendmail:
- clear sendmail queue and stop the sendmail daemons
Run the following commands to enable postfix during startup:
- sysrc postfix_enable="YES"
- sysrc sendmail_enable="NONE"
If postfix is *not* already activated in /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf
- mv /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf.old
- install -m 0644 /usr/local/share/postfix/mailer.conf.postfix /usr/local/etc/mail/mailer.conf
No problem with the first two paragraphs but the directory /usr/local/etc/mail does not exist, either before or after the pkg install.
Should that last paragraph read:
If postfix is *not* already activated in /etc/mail/mailer.conf
- mv /etc/mail/mailer.conf /etc/mail/mailer.conf.old
- install -m 0644 /usr/local/share/postfix/mailer.conf.postfix /etc/mail/mailer.conf