Created attachment 213498 [details]
example for distorted virtualbox main window
- running virtualbox on FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p2 amd64 host
- nvidia quadro 1000m graphics card
- latest ports
- virtualbox-ose has been updated to ports r531736 (switch to clang for compiling)
- The Virtualbox main window has severe graphics artifacts - it is not displayed correctly (see attachment - the right part of the window is entirely unrelated to the rest; there can also be scrolling artifacts)
- Starting a client running Windows 10 or Linux
- The Virtualbox client windows have severe graphics artifacts - they are not displayed correctly
- Updates to the window contents by the respective clients are distorted/partial/misplaced
Created attachment 213499 [details]
distortions when running a Windows XP client
Minimizing and re-displaying the windows removes the distortions... up to the next drawing. So maybe this is instead caused by something else (compositing)?
I tried going back to virtualbox-ose-5.2.34_2, to no avail (exactly the same refresh issues).
Any ideas are appreciated...