Created attachment 214438 [details]
Patch updating the ncmpc port to 0.38
Sorry, this is a bit overdue. Not much changed in the port overall.
ncmpc 0.38 - (2020-04-30)
* add option "timedisplay-type=none" to hide current song time
* fix use-after-free bug
* fix crash after entering empty password
ncmpc 0.37 - (2020-01-24)
* show performer on song page
* show partitions on outputs page (requires libmpdclient 2.18)
* search: add search tag "modified" (requires libmpdclient 2.10)
* fix compatibility with MPD versions older than 0.21
* switch to C++17
ncmpc 0.36 - (2019-11-05)
* screen_keydef: show "Add new key" only if there is room for more keys
* support the Alt modifier in hotkeys
* reduce network transfer
ncmpc 0.35 - (2019-09-14)
* fall back to "AlbumArtist" tag in the default format
* fix crash with a very narrow terminal window
* config: allow escaping single quote with backslash in key bindings
* config: fix bug with deprecated names in "screen-list" setting
Maintainer informed via mail
^Triage: Please set the maintainer-approval attachment flag (to +) on patches for ports you maintain to signify approval
Attachment -> Details -> maintainer-approval [+]
Here you go, sorry for forgetting!
(In reply to Laurent Cimon from comment #3)
Created attachment 214448 [details]
additional improvements on top of submitter's patch
New patch with fixed pkg-plist
The port fails to build. There is a missing element in the pkg-plist that should be added. Also, since whe changed PORTVERSION, there is no need to set PORTREVISION to 1.
Please, have a look at the new patch.
You might be interested in using ports-mgmt/portlint and ports-mgmt/poudriere. These tools catch most if not all of the common pitfalls we face when updating ports.
You can have more information here: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#testing-poudriere
Thank you for the recommendations, I use portlint, but I don't have poudrière setup as a development environment anymore, although I have used it. I'll play with it next time I hack on a port.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed May 13 11:33:19 UTC 2020
New revision: 535102
audio/ncmpc: Update to 0.38
Submitted by: email@example.com (maintainer)