Bug 246562 - textproc/linuxdoc-tools: Update to 0.9.80
Summary: textproc/linuxdoc-tools: Update to 0.9.80
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Only Me
Assignee: Fernando Apesteguía
URL:
Keywords: patch
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-05-19 06:40 UTC by Felix Palmen
Modified: 2020-05-20 05:41 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
update to 0.9.79 (1017 bytes, patch)
2020-05-19 06:40 UTC, Felix Palmen
felix: maintainer-approval-
Details | Diff
update to 0.9.79 with added patch (2.04 KB, patch)
2020-05-19 12:53 UTC, Felix Palmen
felix: maintainer-approval+
Details | Diff
update to 0.9.80 (1.98 KB, patch)
2020-05-19 16:09 UTC, Felix Palmen
felix: maintainer-approval+
Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 06:40:15 UTC
Created attachment 214620 [details]
update to 0.9.79

New upstream version.

Quick testport:
http://www.home.palmen-it.de/builder/data/def-default/2020-05-19_08h32m19s/logs/linuxdoc-tools-0.9.79.log
Comment 1 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-19 11:56:25 UTC
Por builds fine, but then, when running linuxdoc:

$ linuxdoc 
Can't locate LinuxDocTools/Utils.pm in @INC (you may need to install the LinuxDocTools::Utils module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.30 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.30/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.30) at /usr/local/bin/linuxdoc line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/linuxdoc line 15.

Would you mind having a look a this?
Comment 2 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 12:10:57 UTC
Comment on attachment 214620 [details]
update to 0.9.79

Of course I will look into this! Didn't expect such breakage as the latest updates were all fine, and my bulk build is still running, so it will take a while, thanks for alerting.
Comment 3 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 12:53:10 UTC
Created attachment 214640 [details]
update to 0.9.79 with added patch

The new version tries to use LinuxDocTools/Utils.pm before setting its own library path. I have no idea how this should work, therefore created an upstream issue here:
https://gitlab.com/agmartin/linuxdoc-tools/-/issues/12

For now I added a patch changing the order of lines in the linuxdoc script, which fixes this issue. I would approve this patch after a few test builds.
Comment 4 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-19 13:02:35 UTC
Build testing...
Comment 5 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 15:41:54 UTC
Upstream author reacted on my issue by fixing it and releasing 0.9.80. So, doesn't make sense to commit right now, as we can avoid the local patch skipping 0.9.79 :)
Comment 6 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 16:09:46 UTC
Created attachment 214647 [details]
update to 0.9.80

Here's the update to 0.9.80 instead. Changed MASTER_SITES to download directly from gitlab as the Debian mirror is a bit behind. Local build and test ok, will do additional poudriere tests soon.
Comment 7 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-19 16:18:21 UTC
Thanks!

Could you please, update the patch so it is in Unix text format?

file ~/Downloads/0980.txt 
/home/fernape/Downloads/0980.txt: unified diff output, ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
Comment 8 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-19 17:13:56 UTC
Builds fine ni {11.3,12.1}{amd64,i386} and 13-current amd64.

Runs fine in 12.1 amd64
Comment 9 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 18:15:31 UTC
(In reply to Fernando Apesteguía from comment #7)
FWIW, CRLF in a media type text/* according to MIME is correct, see RFC2046, section 4.1.1 -- but it seems bugzilla only uses CRLF when you paste the patch in the text field for upload (as I did with this last patch). When doing an HTTP upload, it just uses whatever is uploaded literally (so LF only when the file was created on a *nix machine). Maybe tools like fetch should convert line endings automatically for text/* media types…

Are you sure another attachment here will do any good here?
Comment 10 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-19 18:39:41 UTC
(In reply to Felix Palmen from comment #9)

No need. It builds and works :-)
Comment 11 Felix Palmen 2020-05-19 18:41:27 UTC
(In reply to Fernando Apesteguía from comment #10)
Thanks for doing all the tests, I was still waiting for my builder machine to become available again :)
Comment 12 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2020-05-20 05:40:34 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: fernape
Date: Wed May 20 05:39:53 UTC 2020
New revision: 535972
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/535972

Log:
  textproc/linuxdoc-tools: Update to 0.9.80

  PR:	246562
  Submitted by:	felix@palmen-it.de (maintainer)

Changes:
  head/textproc/linuxdoc-tools/Makefile
  head/textproc/linuxdoc-tools/distinfo
  head/textproc/linuxdoc-tools/pkg-descr
Comment 13 Fernando Apesteguía freebsd_committer 2020-05-20 05:41:56 UTC
Committed,

Thanks!