(1) What's wrong: System hangs because of error
(2) What components are affected: FreeBSD Installer
(3) When did the issue occur: During installation from DVD in an DVD/Bluray reader drive
(4) Does it occur anywhere else: Occurs only on desktop pc, Lenovo Edge E531 notebook not affected. Only Release 11.4 affected. This bug does not occur in Release 12.1 on desktop pc.
(5) What's the exact error message:
init: login_getclass: unknown class "daemon"
init: login_getclass: no default/fallback class "default"
(6) What's the spec of your hardware?
| **Component** | **Make/Model/Specs** |
| Motherboard | ASUS Z170-k |
| Motherboard Chipset | Intel Z170-Express |
| Processor | Intel Pentium G4400 (Skylake-S) 3.30 GHz Dual Core |
| Graphics | Intel HD Graphics 510 (onboard) |
| Graphics Chipset | Skylake-S GT1 |
| Memory | 2x 4 GB Samsung DDR4 2133 MHz PC4-17000 (UDIMM) CL 15 |
| Networking | RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC, Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter |
| Storage OS / Programs | Transcend MTS 400S 238 GB M.2 SSD SATA III |
Thank you for your report.
At what point during boot or the installation process does this hang and error occur?
Created attachment 215834 [details]
Boot Messages from the Installer
I am new to FreeBSD. I do not know how to report bugs using logs und dumps at this early stage of installation. Therefore I attach a foto of my screen and hope that it helps.
I can send more and detailed information if I get instructions of how to do it.