Created attachment 216238 [details]
This patch updates elvish to 0.14.0. Needed to add the GH_TUPLE as the 3rd party dependencies were not included.
* Breaking changes
- The type field of the value written by src have been removed.
- The all command no longer preserves byte inputs as is; instead it turns them into values, one each line. It also accepts an optional list argument, consistent with other value-taking commands.
- Output captures now strip trailing carriage returns from each line, effectively making \r\n accepted as a line separator (#970).
- Map-like values written by the dir-history and re:find functions can no longer be assoc’ed.
* Deprecated features
The following deprecated features trigger a warning whenever the code is parsed or compiled, even if it is not executed:
- The explode command is now deprecated. Use all instead.
- The joins, replaces and splits commands are now deprecated. Use str:join, str:replace and str:split instead.
- The ^ command is now deprecated. Use math:pow instead.
- The -time command has been promoted to time. The -time command is now a deprecated alias for time.
- Using \ for line continuation is now deprecated. Use ^ instead.
The following deprecated features trigger a warning when the code is evaluated:
- The &display-suffix option of the edit:complex-candidate is now deprecated. Use the &display option instead.
The following deprecated features, unfortunately, do not trigger any warnings:
- The path field of the value returned by src is now deprecated. Use the name field instead.
* Notable new features
- Exceptions can now be introspected by accessing their fields (#208).
- Two new wildcard modifiers, type:dir and type:regular are added, which restricts the wildcard pattern to only match directories or regular files, respectively.
- The printing of floating-point numbers has been tweaked to feel much more natural (#811).
- Scripts may now use relative use to import modules outside ~/.elvish/lib.
- Dynamic strings may now be used as command as long as they contain slashes (#764).
- Elvish now supports CRLF line endings in source files (#918).
- Comments are now allowed anywhere newlines serve as separators, notably inside list and map literals (#924).
- The ^ character can now be used for line continuation.
* New features in the standard library:
- A new order command for sorting values has been introduced #651.
- A new platform: module has been introduced.
- A new unix: module has been introduced.
- A new math: module has been introduced.
- The fail command now takes an argument of any type. In particular, if the argument is an exception, it rethrows the exception (#941).
- A new show command has been added, which is currently useful for printing the stack trace of an exception to the terminal.
- A new make-map command creates a map from a sequence of pairs (#943).
- A new read-line command can be used to read a single line from the byte input (#975).
- The -time command has been promoted to time, and it now accepts an &on-end callback to specify how to save the duration of the execution (#295).
- A new one command has been added.
- A new read-upto command can now be added to read byte inputs up to a delimiter (#831).
* New features in the interactive editor:
- When a callback of the interactive editor throws an exception, the exception is now saved in a $edit:exceptions variable for closer examination (#945).
- A new alternative abbreviation mechanism, “small word abbreviation”, is now available and configurable via $edit:small-word-abbr.
- The ratios of the column widths in navigation mode can now be configured with $edit:navigation:width-ratio (#464)
- A new $edit:add-cmd-filters variable is now available for controlling whether a command is added to the history.
- The default value of this variable filters out commands that start with a space.
- The edit:complex-candidate now supports a &display option to specify the full display text.
* Other improvements:
- Elvish now uses $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to keep runtime files if possible.
- Elvish now increments the $SHLVL environment variable (#834).
* Notable bugfixes
- Invalid option names or values passed to builtin functions now correctly trigger an exception, instead of being silently ignored (#958).
- Elvish no longer crashes when redirecting to a high FD (#788).
- Indexing access to nonexistent variables now correctly triggers a compilation error (#889).
- The interactive REPL no longer highlights complex commands as red (#881).
- Glob patterns after ~username now evaluate correctly (#793).
- On Windows, tab completions for directories no longer add superfluous quotes backslashes (#897).
- The edit:move-dot-left-small-word command has been fixed to actually move by a small word instead of a word.
- A lot of race conditions have been fixed (#73, #754).
A commit references this bug:
Date: Mon Jul 6 10:17:06 UTC 2020
New revision: 541334
Update to 0.14.0
Submitted by: Adam Jimerson <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)