Created attachment 216438 [details]
patch to upgrade
This release has bug fixes and some new options. The new commandline
option for nsd '-v' shows the configure line and library versions. The
log-only-syslog option stops duplicate log messages with systemd if
enabled. And the min-expire-time option stops zones from having an
expire time that is too low, forcing too much effort by zone fetching.
- Fix #96: log-only-syslog: yes sets to only use syslog, fixes
that the default configuration and systemd results in duplicate
- Fix #107: nsd -v shows configure line, openssl version and libevent
- Fix #103 with #110: min-expire-time option. To provide a lower
bound for expire period. Expressed in number of seconds or
- Fix for posix shell syntax for trap in nsd-control-setup
- Fix to omit the listen-on lines from log at startup, unless verbose.
- Fix uninitialised values for bindtodevice option at startup with
reuseport and multiple interfaces.
- Fix #95: Removed make test check because tpkg not included in
- Fix unused parameter compile warnings.
- Fix #97: EDNS unknown version: query not in response.
- Fix #99: Fix copying of socket properties with reuseport enabled.
- Document default value for tcp-timeout.
- Merge PR#102 from and0x000: add missing default in documentation
- Fix unlink of pidfile warning if not possible due to permissions,
nsd can display the message at high verbosity levels.
- Removed contrib/nsd.service, example is too complicated and not
- Do not log EAGAIN errors for sendmmsg, to stop log spam on OpenBSD.
- Merge #108 from Nomis: Make the max-retry-time description clearer.
- Retry when udp send buffer is full to wait until buffer space is
- Remove errno reset behaviour from sendmmsg and recvmmsg
- Fix unit test for different nsd-control-setup -h exit code.
- Merge #112 from jaredmauch: log old and new serials when NSD
rejects an IXFR due to an old serial number.
- Fix #106: Adhere better to xfrd bounds. Refresh and retry times.
- Fix #105: Clearing hash_tree means just emptying the tree.
Build info is available at https://gitlab.com/swills/freebsd-ports/pipelines/166454839
- [tags] in issue Titles are deprecated
- If there is a changelog or release notes URL available for this version, please add it to the URL field
(In reply to Kubilay Kocak from comment #2)
As usual. I quoted the release announcement in full. This is the first time I see a request to fill in an URL for the release notes/change log. If you want to see the chance log as well, have a look at <https://github.com/NLnetLabs/nsd/blob/NSD_4_3_2_REL/doc/ChangeLog>.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sat Jul 18 01:49:25 UTC 2020
New revision: 542472
dns/nsd: Upgrade to version 4.3.2
Submitted by: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@NLnetLabs.nl> (maintainer)