Created attachment 217548 [details]
Patch for libuv
Update libuv to 1.39.0
Use release archive instead of pulling source from GitHub repo as suggested by 5.4.3 in Porter's Handbook
Disable tests as they don't work as expected when run as root :(
Compile tested on FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #0 r358620 (AMD64)
Poudriere OK 12.1-RELEASE (AMD64)
Created attachment 217607 [details]
Patch for libuv v2
Cosmetic fix in Makefile
Can you have a look at this?
(In reply to daniel.engberg.lists from comment #2)
- bhughes@ committed the upgrade;
- the original port used the release archive, but at some point they forgot to update it: it's why I switched to GitHub; why do you prefer the archive?
- even if not all tests pass, they are useful to check an update, and I don't see any reason to remove them (anyways, they are not launched automatically).
Apart from recommendation in handbook, it offers better availability (if needed) and you reduce changes of getting checksum mismatches because its a static file. Not to forget that there is work being done for using upstream distribution archives instead of fetching from "repo".
The test suite wont run if launched as root which I would assume being true in most cases so instead of failing it's better to not to use it until upstream fixed the issues regarding it, at least that's my take on it.
Created attachment 218126 [details]
Patch for libuv v3
Use release tarball
Keep "make test" target although add comment about issue running test(s) as root
Created attachment 218175 [details]
Patch for libuv v3 (correct patch)
Attached wrong file last time, sorry.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Sep 29 21:57:58 UTC 2020
New revision: 550630
devel/libuv: Update 1.39.0 -> 1.40.0
While here, apply changes from PR 248936:
- Use release archive instead of pulling source from GitHub repo as
suggested by 5.4.3 in Porter's Handbook
- Keep "make test" target although add comment about issue running
test(s) as root
Submitted by: email@example.com
Sponsored by: Miles AS
Done, thanks for the patch (and your patience)! :)