sometimes it happens after a new installation from latest packages that the KDE cursor settings are not completely taken over. For example: on desktop where the wallpaper is, i have the x11 default cursor while i have in the startmenu the KDE cursor that i have set from the KDE settings.
I have created now a /usr/local/share/icons/default/index.theme to fix the problem but i think it should be reported anyway?
- As always many thanks in advance and for the work that is done here.
How do you start Plasma? Using "startx" or some login manager?
I use the login manager sddm.
Can you please disable it and do the following:
echo "exec ck-launch-session startplasma-x11" >> ~/.xinitrc
When Plasma is started, check if the problem goes away.
The problem still remains by starting the session with startx.
(In reply to Alexander Vereeken from comment #4)
Ok, another thing to try - create a new user and start plasma under it. Does the problem persist?
This sounds like a very specific configuration issue: have you (Alexander) set a special cursor theme for Plasma? What's in the index.theme that you have created? This is a PR that would benefit from some screenshots (with mouse cursor included and BIG RED ARROWS pointing to the problem).
Default settings with just selecting the cursor theme from plasma-systemsettings: https://s16.directupload.net/images/210424/evegqq4l.gif
When i have created an /usr/local/share/icons/default/index.theme with
I can reproduce something **similar** as follows:
- log into KDE Plasma
- systemsettings >> global theme >> cursors (e.g. alt-f2, "cursors")
- pick a different style and size, like "Oxygen Blue 48"
- click apply
- notice that the cursor is now oxygen blue 48 (e.g. BIG BLUE ARROWS) when over KDE applications
- while over the background, or over an X application (e.g. xterm), it's still the old cursor
- logout, login: now it's consistent