Created attachment 218403 [details]
1) syslog-ng.in has been refactored to compatibility with "Practical rc.d scripting in BSD":
* syslog_ng_config option renamed to syslog_ng_flags with backwards compatibility;
* syslog_ng_pid option renamed to syslog_ng_pidfile with backwards compatibility;
* syslog_ng_config is used for pointing to syslog-ng.conf;
* and some small codestyle fixes.
* syslog_ng_flags instead syslog_ng_config (but legacy syslog_ng_config still works);
* syslog_ng_pidfile instead syslog_ng_pid (but syslog_ng_pid still works).
2) Added patch for modules/afsocket/socket-options.c - support SO_REUSEPORT_LB option (https://github.com/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/pull/3438).
#2 has been accepted by our upstream.
#1 should be applied to previous versions of syslog-ng in the tree as well. Can you provide a patch for syslog-ng327 and syslog-ng328 too, please. The inconsistency is a POLA violation because we aim to support N-2.
We will also need an UPDATING entry. I will reword your pkg-message.in update and write an UPDATING entry.
Otherwise this is ok.
Created attachment 218408 [details]
A patch for syslog-ng327 and syslog-ng328 in the attachment too.
Thank you. Peter, our upstream, tells me the SO_REUSEPORT_LB has already been accepted and committed upstream so 330 will include that patch.
Created attachment 218409 [details]
pkg-message will say,
When upgrading from before 3.29.1 these variables, if used, should be replaced:
* syslog_ng_flags replaces syslog_ng_config (syslog_ng_config still works),
* syslog_ng_pidfile replaces syslog_ng_pid (syslog_ng_pid still works).
I'll write up an UPDATING entry.
Peter, should we consider removing the old variables in 331 or 332?
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Sep 29 17:04:52 UTC 2020
New revision: 550534
Rename rc.conf variables syslog_ng_config and syslog_ng_pid to
syslog_ng_flags and syslog_ng_pidfile respecively, making them
consistent with the rest of the ports tree.
Submitted by: Boris Korzun <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed by: Peter Czanik (syslog-ng upstream)