Created attachment 219520 [details]
- FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p6 #6 r362488M, built with debug
- unattended reboot (sysctl debug.debugger_on_panic=0)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
- NVIDIA GPU Quadro 1000M (GF108GL) at PCI:1:0:0
- 24 GB main memory
- ports at latest
- using x11/nvidia-driver-390 to drive the graphics card
- KDE running
- Even without great graphics activity (the user may be away) FreeBSD crashes regularly
- The core dumps indicate issues with the nvidia driver
Three /var/crash/core.txt.* files are attached as well as Xorg.0.log.
The crashes keep occurring regularly - always at _nv007402rm+0x12. Now with FreeBSD 12.2 instead of 12.1.
With such a definite crash source, shouldn't it be easy to fix it? :-)
(In reply to Martin Birgmeier from comment #1)
I can't tell if you are joking or not.
I'm seeing immediate panics on an iMac9,1 GeForce 9400 since upgrading to 12.2-RELEASE. Under 12.1-RELEASE, it was mostly fine but did panic on rare occasions.
(In reply to Jason W. Bacon from comment #3)
Scrap that, I misread the version. My iMac is running 340. 390 reports that the chipset is supported by 340.
Could you as maintainer please contact Nvidia about this PR and get them to fix the issue?