Created attachment 219943 [details]
sysutils/logstash7: Update to 7.10.0
please find the patch attached.
New features and enhancements
Architecture-specific artifacts with bundled JDK
Logstash 7.10.0 offers new architecture-specific download and installation
options that include a bundled Java Development Kit (JDK). AdoptOpenJDK
11, the latest long term support (LTS) release, is the bundled version.
Before Logstash included the JDK, users had to install a JDK before they
could install Logstash. Logstash with AdoptOpenJDK 11 makes installation
and setup easier, especially for first time users.
* If you have JAVA_HOME set to use a custom JDK, Logstash will continue
to use the JDK version you have specified.
* If you are using the system's JDK (from Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS archives,
for example) and have not set JAVA_HOME, Logstash will default to the
bundled version of Java after you upgrade. Set JAVA_HOME to use your
system's JDK if that is the version you prefer.
Elastic Common Schema (ECS) compatibility
As we continue to add opt-in ECS compatibility modes in Logstash plugins,
Release 7.10.0 introduces a new pipeline-level setting in logstash.yml.
The pipeline.ecs_compatibility setting allows users to control the ECS
compatibility of all plugins in a pipeline at once instead of configuring
each instance manually. While ECS compatibility in these plugins is
off-by-default in Logstash 7.x, we plan to make them on-by-default in
Logstash 8.0. This setting allows users to lock in a specific behavior in
advance of their next major version upgrade.
New Docker images and improvements
* This release adds RedHat Universal Base Images (UBIs). We have updated
license information and added fixes that enable images to pass RedHat
docker image certification.
* We have given users more security options by exposing proxy and ssl
verification modes for management and monitoring of a Docker image.
Performance improvements and notable issues fixed
Java pipeline execution and management
* We have addressed an issue with the aggregate filter in the Java
execution. The issue prevented events from being generated (when the
amount of time for an aggregation event timed out), preventing a
pipeline from effectively summing events.
* We have made pipelines more stable by calling close on input plugins
when a pipeline is terminated or reloaded.
Keystore thread safety. After a recent performance improvement, Logstash
could fail to start reliably in certain configurations involving parameter
expansion and multiple pipelines. Access to the shared keystore has since
been made thread-safe and is no longer a source of errors.
Dead letter queue (DLQ). We changed the DLQ writer policy to avoid the
possibility of the DLQ reader processing an incomplete DLQ segment.
Logstash now writes to a temporary file that is renamed upon completion.
Persistent queues (PQ). We have addressed PQ issues in which exceptions
were impacting pipeline execution and causing Logstash to crash or to fail
Updates to dependencies
* Update jruby to 22.214.171.124
* Pinned open-ssl version to 0.10.4 to avoid "Gem not found" error with
Elasticsearch Input - 4.8.1
* Fixed connection error when using multiple slices
* Added the ability to configure connection-, request-, and
socket-timeouts with connect_timeout_seconds, request_timeout_seconds,
Kafka Integration - 10.5.1
* [DOC]Replaced plugin_header file with plugin_header-integration file
* [DOC]Update kafka client version across kafka integration docs
* [DOC]Replace hard-coded kafka client and doc path version numbers with
attributes to simplify doc maintenance
* Changed: retry sending messages only for retriable exceptions
* [DOC] Fixed formatting issues and made minor content edits
Aws Mixin - 4.4.1
* Fix: proxy with assumed role (properly)
* Fix: credentials/proxy with assumed role. Plugin no longer assumes
access_key_id/secret_access_key credentials not to be set when
Elasticsearch Output - 10.7.0
* Changed: don't set the pipeline parameter if the value resolves to an
Testport on 11.4, 12.1, 12.1, 13.0 OK
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sun Nov 29 16:16:18 UTC 2020
New revision: 556581
sysutils/logstash7: Update to 7.10.0
Submitted by: Juraj Lutter (maintainer)