Created attachment 220415 [details]
svn diff to move devel/tkrcs to devel/tkrcs && update to 9.4.0
This pr moves devel/tkcvs to devel/tkrcs in an effort
to provide a name more indicative to it's actual use
case -- This version includes support for CVS, GIT, RCS
replaces dead WWW with a working URL
removes (now dead) tigris.org
updates MOVED to accommodate this name change
Changes/additions to this (source) version are
many. Many are not (yet) included within the
ChangeLog but added to this pr anyway. :-)
I'm in contact with the original author, and have
submitted a diff accordingly.
Tested/Builds/Works as intended. W/O complaints.
Created attachment 220416 [details]
svn diff to move devel/tkrcs to devel/tkrcs && update to 9.4.0 (version 2)
Version 2 of this svn diff. Corrects typo in WWW
ignore previous diff (marked obsolete)
So you forked upstream?
If so, in general I would highly recommend against doing so and work with upstream instead and use official release with patches (if needed) or simply wait for upstream to review/catch up.
(In reply to daniel.engberg.lists from comment #2)
Not really. As mentioned, I'm already in communication
with the author, and have provided a patch.
Thing is; as it is now, the source, and documentation
are in horrible shape. I've spent hours fixing the
man pages, and source. The copy I'm referencing here,
and the patch presented upstream, is the representation
Given the pace at which things have progressed with this.
I'd like to do this here now. Rather than wait some 3 to
6 mos. to realize any progress.
Thanks for all your time, and consideration.
That's fine and thanks for your work but I'm not sure it's a great idea to set a "bogus" version for ports.
(In reply to daniel.engberg.lists from comment #4)
I'm sorry. I should have really waited to finish my
coffee before making my last reply -- I know better :-(
I saw an apparent need for a name change for this
port, as it continued to gain additional RCS support;
now up to CVS, GIT, RCS and SVN. TkCVS no longer
seemed to cut it.
I gave it some thought, and decided that TkRCS
really seemed to hit the target. I made/tested the
changes required to make the change, and found all
was well. Before submitting a patch upstream. I
decided I should really take the time to remove
the cruft I discovered while making my initial
changes. This turned into a rabbit hole, which took
much longer than I imagined, as there was clearly
quite a bit of (bad) copy/past(ing), as well as
platform dependent nonsense that crept in. After
completion, I whipped up a diff, and sent it along
for consideration. She indicated had no issue with
a name change, and that's where it stands.
As to "bogus" version;
This is the version I chose, and also a part of the
patch I submitted upstream. I picked the number, as
it provided enough "points" to cover potential updates
Thanks for your continued time, and effort with this.
Upstream renamed this project to TkRev and released a new version
9.4.3 version is out