Created attachment 220856 [details]
NetDisco is a Python 3 library to discover local devices and services.
It allows to scan on demand or offer a service that will scan the
network in the background in a set interval.
Current methods of scanning:
- mDNS (includes Chromecast, Homekit)
- Plex Media Server using Good Day Mate protocol
- Logitech Media Server discovery protocol
- Daikin discovery protocol
- Web OS discovery protocol
It is the library that powers the device discovery within Home Assistant.