Created attachment 220977 [details]
This is a port of PortMIDI version 217, a computer library for real time input and output of MIDI data. It is using the sndio library for a portable implementation, and this port is derived from Raphael Graf's
patches for a sndio backend on the OpenBSD audio/portmidi port, enhanced to
detect a variable number of MIDI (umidi) devices:
Although I have not been able to test this library directly besides successful compilation on multiple FreeBSD 12.0 and 12.1 RELEASE systems, I have applied a modified version of this port to work with audio/pd's in tree version of PortMIDI (this is going to be submitted shortly, as well, though at present, it does not depend on this port at present), and I have used that extensively with numerous MIDI input devices (see below; input only tested so far, since I haven't implemented MIDI output support in audio/pd yet).
As noted above, I've tested PortMIDI on FreeBSD with the following MIDI devices:
* Roger Linn LinnStrument
* Hornberg Research hb1 breath controller
* Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep 2 foot controller
* Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo
* Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer (MIDI output only on foot pedal, USB MIDI output requires a special driver)
* Evolution U-Control UC-33e
* Behringer FCB1010 Foot Controller
* Yamaha PSR-280 keyboard
My apologies for sitting on this new port since July, I just haven't had enough opportunity to test it until recently...