Created attachment 221690 [details]
Wayland support by default
Created attachment 221691 [details]
Created attachment 221692 [details]
(In reply to yzrh from comment #0)
Cage and kodi-standalone are working well.
I couldn't manage to start cage without seatd.
In addition, putting
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp; export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
in $HOME/.profile is necessary for cage to start.
Thanks for submitting the update.
It fails to configure on 11.4 amd64 with error:
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):
Could NOT find VAAPI (missing: VAAPI_libva-wayland_INCLUDE_DIR
VAAPI_libva-wayland_LIBRARY) (Required is at least version "0.39.0")
Full log: http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/11amd64-default/2021-01-18_14h11m16s/logs/errors/kodi-19.0.r1.log
A suggestion for the future: use the linters portclippy/portfmt from ports-mgmt/portfmt. They can give helpful suggestions, e.g., for following the 'Order of Variables in Port Makefiles' chapter from the Porter's Handbook.
The same error occurs on 11.4 i386. I think our options are to either find a fix for the problem or mark the port only buildable on at least 12.1.
Build and package info is available at https://gitlab.com/swills/freebsd-ports/pipelines/243512438
Strange that it builds for Steve's tests. These are pristine jails that I tested in. The only thing I can think of is that some options that were set in the past have recently. I'll re-test after resetting all the options.
I can confirm that the patch builds fine on 12.1 and 11.4:
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Jan 19 17:40:42 UTC 2021
New revision: 562057
multimedia/kodi: Update to version 19.0RC1
Submitted by: email@example.com (maintainer)
(In reply to Bernhard Froehlich from comment #8)
Thanks. I must have set the options to a dependent port long ago and the default options were later changed. It built for me now too. http://pkg.awarnach.mathstat.dal.ca/data/11amd64-default/2021-01-19_10h44m45s/logs/kodi-19.0.r1.log
firstname.lastname@example.org, sorry for the delay and thanks for submitting.
Just for the record. This commit does break most kodi addons. As usual I have prepared patches for the addons that I maintain but it sucks that this happens all the time and I have to cleanup afterwards ...
Sorry to hear that. I've been in that position as well and it's not pleasant to have to rush fixes in. How can we do better in the future? Maybe a note in multimedia/kodi/Makfile to coordinate with you for future updates?
The problem is that there are addons which are maintained by different people and addons are fragile and need to match the kodi version. That makes major updates for kodi a pain because you need to get approvals and patches for all addons before you can commit it.
So what's the solution?
Have multiple people coordinate with a single maintainer?
Leave it all for one person, risking bus-factor?
I believe the problem is mostly about pkg-plist.
version.mk was proposed before, other ports
can simply pump PORTREVISION. Any ideas?
This exact case (19.0beta1 to RC1) was definitely non standard because kodi did change the PVR API for addons which made them incompatible in both ways and resulted in build failures. For non PVR plugins the usual PORTREVISION+pkg-plist dance was enough.
So I also believe a USES=kodi and a mass PORTREVISION bump for all addons will be enough to survive minor version updates. For major version updates it is going to be more work because all addons need to be updated in one go and multiple maintainers need to prepare or approve changes. There should be enough time between kodi beta releases and kodi final release to prepare the kodi update and coordinate with the addon maintainers.