(for non-maintainers reading this: see workaround near the bottom)
It would appear that all /seafile links (i.e. any access to a file) result in 404 errors.
This happens on all my Seafile instances, and across all tested Seafile versions:
- 7.1.4 (previous "quarterly")
- 7.1.5 (current "quarterly")
- 8.0.3 (current "latest")
Examples of affected URLs (host & UUIDs omitted for privacy & security reasons):
- File downloads: https://$HOST/lib/$UUID/file/coy-ast.txt?dl=1
- Image downloads: https://$HOST/seafhttp/files/$UUID/browsers.jpg
- Any Seahub functionality that involved opening a file (preview, editing, ...)
Seahub is completely unaffected, other than functionality that depends on above URLs working. For example, login, directory viewing, and library creation all work fine --- but I cannot access any of the files.
The issue appears to be centered around the devel/oniguruma dependency (see below).
OS: FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC amd64
I did manage to find the culprit, however: The devel/oniguruma dependency.
oniguruma-6.9.5.r1_1 works fine, but oniguruma-6.9.6 results in this problem.
I've frozen the port version to 6.9.5 for now, but a more permanent fix would be nice.