I'd like to add a generic "feedback" flag, allowed/enabled on all products (and attachments).
This would allow requesting feedback from anyone, where currently, the only ability we have, is to request feedback from 'maintainers' via the maintainer-feedback flag, which is only enabled on certain products, at the issue level, but not at the attachment level.
There are many cases where the person(s) we'd like to request feedback from are not 'maintainers', such as, the original reporter, an additional relevent or related person, who is not strictly a maintainer of the issue/code in question.
The configuration of this flag will be:
- [x] active (flags of this type appear in the UI and can be set)
- [x] specifically requestable (users can ask specific other users to set flags of this type as opposed to just asking the wind)
- [x] multiplicable (multiple flags of this type can be set on the same attachment)
- Request Group: No group (allow anyone to request)
- Grant Group: freebsd_committers (only freebsd_committers and requestee can set -/+
One consideration adding this feature is the possibility of breaking to Auto-Assigner, if it been coded in a manner such that the addition/removal of new attributes/fields may cause failure. This has occured in the past when adding/changing Product/Component names in the past.
Having said that, is this does cause issues, the flag is trivially removed until the AA can be fixed.