I built this version and did a quick test; (selfishly) it produces images that work for me. I'm surprised to see they are slightly larger (< 1%), last time we upgraded avr-gcc one or more major version, images built with -Os got significantly smaller.
One suggestion I would make is to lose MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE, the single threaded built was taking for-ev-er so I commented this out and it built fine on my amd64/12.2 poudriere server.
(In reply to Craig Leres from comment #1)
Thanks! Removing MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE seems be to not influence the build process in any bad way. I've updated the patch.
A commit in branch main references this bug:
Author: Joerg Wunsch <joerg@FreeBSD.org>
AuthorDate: 2021-05-06 21:22:24 +0000
Commit: Joerg Wunsch <joerg@FreeBSD.org>
CommitDate: 2021-05-06 21:22:24 +0000
Update to GCC 10.2.0
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D30022
devel/avr-gcc/Makefile | 13 +-
devel/avr-gcc/distinfo | 6 +-
devel/avr-gcc/pkg-plist | 1680 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
3 files changed, 905 insertions(+), 794 deletions(-)