Created attachment 224523 [details]
patch for print/lilypond to 2.22.1
Update to 2.22.1
Thanks for the patch.
When testing with Poudriere, the following error occurs in the configure phase, when the NLS option is disabled:
ERROR: Please install required programs: msgfmt
Can you please investigate where the cause of this error? Many thanks :)
Created attachment 224578 [details]
(In reply to Rainer Hurling from comment #1)
Thanks for starting to work on the update. Please have a look again.
The new patch builds and installs fine on Poudriere, in several combinations of the options :)
On my real life box, I stumbled upon not being able to install GUILE2 with the option disabled. In this case, the port tries to install GUILE 1, which conflicts with an existing GUILE2 installation. So in such cases the GUILE2 option must be used.
Maybe the option description should indicate a bit more clearly that either GUILE or GUILE2 will be installed? For example:
-GUILE2_DESC= Use guile2 (will incur some performance penalty)
+GUILE2_DESC= guile2 instead guile (incurs performance penalty)
A second point is ImageMagick. The current version is 7.0.11-10. Lilypond builds and installs fine with version 7, also on Poudriere. As far as I understand, ImageMagick only uses convert.
Would there be anything against changing ImageMagick from 6 to 7? Version 7 is now much more common even in the FreeBSD ports ...
Created attachment 224591 [details]
updated patch 2
(In reply to Rainer Hurling from comment #4)
I did both changes in a new patch.
The reason for the GUILE2 option indeed was to offer a possibility to use lilypond with guile2 already installed (via a request off-list).
The dependency on ImageMagick6 already existed when I "inherited" the port and as there were no actual problems, I never bothered to change it. Consolidating towards the more actively maintained version seems to be a good thing, though.
(In reply to m.ne from comment #6)
Thanks for your fast reply and the updated patch. QA seems ok.
If you agree, I could commit now ;)
(In reply to Rainer Hurling from comment #7)
If have no objections, please go ahead. Thanks.
A commit in branch main references this bug:
Author: Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@FreeBSD.org>
AuthorDate: 2021-05-02 04:54:39 +0000
Commit: Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@FreeBSD.org>
CommitDate: 2021-05-02 04:54:39 +0000
print/lilypond: Update to 2.22.1
Submitted by: email@example.com (maintainer)
print/lilypond/Makefile | 8 +++----
print/lilypond/distinfo | 6 +++---
print/lilypond/pkg-plist | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------
3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)
Committed, thanks :)
In pkg-plist, I had to change %%PYTHON_SUFFIX%% into %%PYTHON_EXT_SUFFIX%%, to get it more robust for different Python versions. While here, I also ordered the URW entries.