Created attachment 228125 [details]
- FreeBSD main 08b9cc316a319fba95af8bb13b262fe0d5526ec3
- ports being upgraded using portmaster
- RPI-B installation (armv6) being run using qemu-user-static
- Latest ports
- Upgrading jpeg-turbo from 2.0.6 to 2.1.1 fails. The error log is attached.
- Upgrading on amd64 works (same FreeBSD level).
Can you have a look at this failure on armv6 after jpeg-turbo update?
Can you give it a go with
CMAKE_ARGS= -DWITH_SIMD:BOOL=OFF added to the port Makefile?
With these flags the compile on armv6 was indeed successful.
Thank you for the quick fix.
I'll add that to the port next week unless someone beats me to it.
Created attachment 228146 [details]
Patch for jpeg-turbo
Don't enable SIMD instructions on ARMv6 platforms
A commit in branch main references this bug:
Author: Daniel Engberg <diizzy@FreeBSD.org>
AuthorDate: 2021-09-24 21:01:38 +0000
Commit: Daniel Engberg <diizzy@FreeBSD.org>
CommitDate: 2021-09-24 21:10:15 +0000
graphics/jpeg-turbo: Disable SIMD instructions on ARMv6 platforms
libjpeg-turbo incorrectly assumes that SIMD instructions are
available on all ARM platforms
Reported by: Martin Birgmeier
Approved by: antoine (portmgr / maintainer)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D32096
graphics/jpeg-turbo/Makefile | 6 +++++-
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
Fix committed, thanks for reporting!