Created attachment 228175 [details]
portmaster logfile when building print/freetype2
- FreeBSD main at 08b9cc316a319fba95af8bb13b262fe0d5526ec3
- latest ports
- using portmaster to upgrade freetype2 from 2.10.4 to 2.11.0
- using qemu-arm-static and also native on a Raspberry Pi B+
- Packaging fails with a missing staging directory "/usr/local/share/doc/freetype2"
- Log file attached
- The portmaster runs succeeded on 12.2 (latest) amd64 and i386, and on main 08b9cc316a319fba95af8bb13b262fe0d5526ec3 on amd64
This doesn't appear to be something new as the old version also failed
This is strange - here the previous upgrade to 2.10.4 worked without problems.
Can you try to use a WRKDIRPREFIX that does not have a sym link? Maybe just define WRKDIRPREFIX to be `realpath $WRKDIRPREFIX`.
It looks like in your build /d is a sym link to /usr/tmp/d (or the other way around).
I think trying to use cpio (with which COPYTREE_SHARE is implemented) to extract to a directory containing sym links some implementations of cpio do not know how to handle that very well.
(In reply to John Hein from comment #3)
p.s. Normally 'cpio -dumpl' should created any destination directories that don't exist.
You are right, there are some symlinks in the WRKDIRPREFIX.
I have now circumvented the issue by disabling DOCS. For the time being I am closing this report.