File is attached (diff format).
Since this is a fix to another PR (noted below) and I am the port maintainer of lang/mlton, this port should be committed in order to resolve that respective PR.
I have updated to version 20210816 from the official github repository, and as a result, this port once again builds properly on FreeBSD 11, 12 and 13, on both i386 and amd64.
This version uses version and architecture specific bootstrap images, which I host on my own repository on github. Although building on i386 can be notoriously difficult due to excessive memory usage, I have set the ram-slop conditionals such that it should build properly under normal circumstances. I disable polyvariants on i386 to get slightly lower memory usage, which in many cases is just barely enough to get a clean build.
I have verified that the build works on FreeBSD 11.4-RELEASE, FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE, and FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE, both both i386 and amd64 on each, for a total number of 6 configurations.
Right now, I strongly recommend just using the default options, especially the native MLton bootstrap, as I haven't used the SMLNJ in a long while (it is extremely slow anyway), and I'm not entirely sure the POLYML option is officially supported by the MLton developers yet. Further, the MINGW32 build is currently broken, but if someone can fix it, I will gladly incorporate a patch (I'll look into it going forward). None of these features are necessary for full functionality on FreeBSD, fortunately.
Provided that this works for committers as well as it worked for me in testing, this should fully address PR https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=253607
Created attachment 228825 [details]
add missing attachment that was missing when I first created the PR
this is an unintentional duplicate of https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=259260, please delete this PR, my apologies
*** Bug 259260 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Can you commit it to your local git repo and submit the patch created by `git format-patch`?
Created attachment 228828 [details]
lang_mlton.diff (git format-patch version)
git format-patch version of the prior patch
(In reply to Koichiro Iwao from comment #4)
done, thanks for letting me know
It failed to build:
===> mlton-20210816 depends on executable: htmldoc - not found
*** Error code 1
make: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/mlton
build of lang/mlton | mlton-20210816 ended at Tue Oct 19 17:31:13 JST 2021
build time: 00:00:11
!!! build failure encountered !!!
[00:00:18] Error: Build failed in phase: build-depends
Created attachment 228829 [details]
lang_mlton.diff (fix documentation dependency from asciidoc to htmldoc)
fix documentation dependency from asciidoc to htmldoc
A commit in branch main references this bug:
Author: Timothy Beyer <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: 2021-10-19 10:24:12 +0000
Commit: Koichiro Iwao <meta@FreeBSD.org>
CommitDate: 2021-10-20 07:42:18 +0000
lang/mlton: Update to 20210816
and fix build for FreeBSD 12 and 13.
lang/mlton/Makefile | 280 +-
lang/mlton/distinfo | 21 +-
lang/mlton/files/add-local-cross (gone) | 191 -
lang/mlton/files/ml.grm.sig (gone) | 88 -
lang/mlton/files/ml.grm.sml (gone) | 5497 -------------------
lang/mlton/files/ml.lex.sml (gone) | 5660 --------------------
lang/mlton/files/mlb.grm.sig (gone) | 32 -
lang/mlton/files/mlb.grm.sml (gone) | 894 ----
lang/mlton/files/mlb.lex.sml (gone) | 1854 -------
lang/mlton/files/patch-Makefile | 40 +-
.../files/patch-lib_mlrisc-lib_Makefile (new) | 12 +
lang/mlton/files/patch-runtime-Makefile (gone) | 67 -
lang/mlton/files/patch-runtime_gc_int-inf.c (gone) | 13 -
lang/mlton/files/upgrade-basis.sml (gone) | 68 -
lang/mlton/files/yacc.grm.sig (gone) | 54 -
lang/mlton/files/yacc.grm.sml (gone) | 1053 ----
lang/mlton/files/yacc.lex.sml (gone) | 901 ----
lang/mlton/pkg-plist | 1797 +------
18 files changed, 416 insertions(+), 18106 deletions(-)