Bug 41994 - New Port: x11-fonts/artwiz-fonts
Summary: New Port: x11-fonts/artwiz-fonts
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: freebsd-ports mailing list
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2002-08-25 10:10 UTC by dominic_marks
Modified: 2002-08-25 12:30 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
file.shar (4.04 KB, text/plain)
2002-08-25 10:10 UTC, dominic_marks
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description dominic_marks 2002-08-25 10:10:01 UTC
A collection of free fonts which are designed for use on X11 desktops,
created by artwiz. These fonts have a futuristic style and are quite
small, particularly at high resolutions.

WWW: http://www.vastwaters.com/

How-To-Repeat: 	NA
Comment 1 Alan Eldridge 2002-08-25 10:44:57 UTC
On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:07:03AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
>
>>Number:         41994
>>Category:       ports
>>Synopsis:       New Port: x11-fonts/artwiz-fonts
#
># This archive contains:
>#
>#	artwiz-fonts/Makefile
>#	artwiz-fonts/distinfo
>#	artwiz-fonts/files
>#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-comment
>#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-descr
>#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-message
>#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-plist
>#	artwiz-fonts/files/fonts.dir

You've gotta do a find that includes the directories, or else it won't
unshar properly. However, that's easily taken taken care of on this end.
Assuming it works and the fonts load, I'll commit it shortly.
-- 
AlanE
KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)
Comment 2 dominic_marks 2002-08-25 10:54:58 UTC
Hey,

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 05:44:57AM -0400, Alan E wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:07:03AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
> >
> >>Number:         41994
> >>Category:       ports
> >>Synopsis:       New Port: x11-fonts/artwiz-fonts
> #
> ># This archive contains:
> >#
> >#	artwiz-fonts/Makefile
> >#	artwiz-fonts/distinfo
> >#	artwiz-fonts/files
> >#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-comment
> >#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-descr
> >#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-message
> >#	artwiz-fonts/pkg-plist
> >#	artwiz-fonts/files/fonts.dir
> 
> You've gotta do a find that includes the directories, or else it won't
> unshar properly. However, that's easily taken taken care of on this end.
> Assuming it works and the fonts load, I'll commit it shortly.

Hmm, Ok. Command I used was:

 shar artwiz-fonts/* artwiz-fonts/files/* > artwiz-fonts.shar

I'll use your method from now on.

Cheers for the commit.

> -- 
> AlanE
> KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)

--
Dominic
Comment 3 Alan Eldridge 2002-08-25 11:45:33 UTC
On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:54:58AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:

> shar artwiz-fonts/* artwiz-fonts/files/* > artwiz-fonts.shar

What you really want is: 

	shar $(find artwiz-fonts) >artwiz-fonts.shar

I also had to make some changes regarding installation and the
pkg-message file.

You should use ${INSTALL_DATA}, not ${CP} to install the font files.

Also, you can't write outside of ${WRKDIR}. What if the user has the
ports dir NFS mounted read-only (like on the build clusters)?

So you have to go through some clumsy crap to modify pkg-message:

PKGMESSAGE=	${WRKDIR}/pkg-message

[then later]

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

post-install:
	@${SED} 's|$${X11BASE}|${X11BASE}|g' \
		${PKGDIR}/pkg-message >${PKGMESSAGE}
	@${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

[isn't that fun and intuitive?]

The reason that's so weird is that you have to get X11BASE and PKGDIR
defined before you can do the sed, but bsd.port.mk checks for the
existence (using .if exists) of PKGMESSAGE in the post section or else
if won't include it in the package. Hence the PITA.

I also cleaned up all the portlint warnings that were cleanable.

-- 
AlanE
KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)
Comment 4 Alan Eldridge freebsd_committer 2002-08-25 12:20:08 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed with cleanups. Thanks for the port.
Comment 5 dominic_marks 2002-08-25 12:22:42 UTC
On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 06:45:33AM -0400, Alan E wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:54:58AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
> 
> > shar artwiz-fonts/* artwiz-fonts/files/* > artwiz-fonts.shar
> 
> What you really want is: 
> 
> 	shar $(find artwiz-fonts) >artwiz-fonts.shar

Okay.

> I also had to make some changes regarding installation and the
> pkg-message file.
> 
> You should use ${INSTALL_DATA}, not ${CP} to install the font files.

Yeah, thats sloppiness on my part, I've known about INSTALL_* for some
time.

> Also, you can't write outside of ${WRKDIR}. What if the user has the
> ports dir NFS mounted read-only (like on the build clusters)?
> 
> So you have to go through some clumsy crap to modify pkg-message:
>
>
> PKGMESSAGE=	${WRKDIR}/pkg-message
> 
> [then later]
> 
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> 
> post-install:
> 	@${SED} 's|$${X11BASE}|${X11BASE}|g' \
> 		${PKGDIR}/pkg-message >${PKGMESSAGE}
> 	@${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}
> 
> .include <bsd.port.post.mk>
> 
> [isn't that fun and intuitive?]

Hah. Very.

> The reason that's so weird is that you have to get X11BASE and PKGDIR
> defined before you can do the sed, but bsd.port.mk checks for the
> existence (using .if exists) of PKGMESSAGE in the post section or else
> if won't include it in the package. Hence the PITA.
> 
> I also cleaned up all the portlint warnings that were cleanable.

Cheers!

> -- 
> AlanE
> KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)

--
Dominic