The port print/muttprint does not allow to print documents with cyrillic
symbols in it by the default. There are two causes of it: first, it need to
be configured properly; and second, the intermediately generated LaTeX file
has wrong font encoding.
Lingual configuration of muttprint is performing by creation a translation
file with the name, defined by language settings. So I wrote translation-ru.pl
Also I added the removal of that font encoding description from the muttprint
code: LaTeX port is internationalized enough by now to handle font encodings
properly without explicit specifications.
With this changes it prints mixed russian and english text without any problem.
On the base of this changes it is very easy to create, for example,
ukrainian port (ua-muttprint). Unfortenatelly my own Ukrainian is not good
enough to perform full translation of translation-ru.pl file.
Fix: Here is the uuencoded archive with all port files: