Bug 58164 - Fix security/hydra build on -CURRENT
Summary: Fix security/hydra build on -CURRENT
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: freebsd-ports-bugs (Nobody)
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2003-10-17 14:30 UTC by Sean Chittenden
Modified: 2004-03-27 12:40 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
file.diff (3.60 KB, patch)
2003-10-17 14:30 UTC, Sean Chittenden
no flags Details | Diff
patch-hydra (1.08 KB, text/plain; charset=us-ascii)
2003-10-18 21:53 UTC, Sergey A. Osokin
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Sean Chittenden 2003-10-17 14:30:03 UTC

Multi-string literals are depreciated on 5.X.
(gcc 3.X). Hydra's usage disallows it from building
on -CURRENT systems.

How-To-Repeat: 

Build on a 5.X box.
Comment 1 Sergey A. Osokin freebsd_committer 2003-10-17 16:49:15 UTC
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:30:21PM +0300, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> 
> >Number:         58164
> >Synopsis:       Fix security/hydra build on -CURRENT

Please look at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=58164
and review/approve changes.
Thanks.

-- 

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
                             / \
Comment 2 llevier 2003-10-17 18:15:40 UTC
Hi Sergey,

I am not familiar with FreeBSD interface. I feel this document is to 
declare a bug report on Hydra.
BTW: I must update the port to have Hydra 2.4 that has been released recently.

I just have a problem, I dont have a FreeBSD 5.x machine to be able to 
check/correct the problem.

What happen in such cases?

Brgrds

At 17:49 17/10/2003, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:30:21PM +0300, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> >
> > >Number:         58164
> > >Synopsis:       Fix security/hydra build on -CURRENT
>
>Please look at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=58164
>and review/approve changes.
>Thanks.
>
>--
>
>Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
>Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
>http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
>                              / \

Laurent LEVIER
IT Systems & Networks Security Expert
Comment 3 Sergey A. Osokin freebsd_committer 2003-10-17 22:41:43 UTC
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:15:40PM +0200, Laurent LEVIER wrote:
> 
> I am not familiar with FreeBSD interface. I feel this document is to 
> declare a bug report on Hydra.
> BTW: I must update the port to have Hydra 2.4 that has been released 
> recently.
>
> I just have a problem, I dont have a FreeBSD 5.x machine to be able to 
> check/correct the problem.
>
> What happen in such cases?

Just look at bento' build log:
http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/hydra-2.2.log

-- 

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
                             / \
Comment 4 llevier 2003-10-18 09:01:11 UTC
Sergey,

Ok, I understand the problem now.

Patch looks correct and so patch proposal is approved.

Thanks

Brgrds

At 23:41 17/10/2003, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:15:40PM +0200, Laurent LEVIER wrote:
> >
> > I am not familiar with FreeBSD interface. I feel this document is to
> > declare a bug report on Hydra.
> > BTW: I must update the port to have Hydra 2.4 that has been released
> > recently.
> >
> > I just have a problem, I dont have a FreeBSD 5.x machine to be able to
> > check/correct the problem.
> >
> > What happen in such cases?
>
>Just look at bento' build log:
>http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/hydra-2.2.log
>
>--
>
>Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
>Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
>http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
>                              / \

Laurent LEVIER
IT Systems & Networks Security Expert
Comment 5 Sergey A. Osokin freebsd_committer 2003-10-18 21:53:52 UTC
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:01:11AM +0200, Laurent LEVIER wrote:
> At 23:41 17/10/2003, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> >On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:15:40PM +0200, Laurent LEVIER wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not familiar with FreeBSD interface. I feel this document is to
> >> declare a bug report on Hydra.
> >> BTW: I must update the port to have Hydra 2.4 that has been released
> >> recently.
> >>
> >> I just have a problem, I dont have a FreeBSD 5.x machine to be able to
> >> check/correct the problem.
> >>
> >> What happen in such cases?
> >
> >Just look at bento' build log:
> >http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/hydra-2.2.log
>
> Ok, I understand the problem now.
> 
> Patch looks correct and so patch proposal is approved.

So, I found another problems with your port.
It don't respect to ${CC}/${CFLAGS}/${PREFIX} flags.
Here is a patch, please review/approve.

-- 

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL
http://ozz.pp.ru/             X          AND NEWS
                             / \
Comment 6 llevier 2003-10-18 22:43:30 UTC
Sergey,

>Here is a patch, please review/approve.
Approved.

Thanks for your help!

Brgrds

Laurent LEVIER
IT Systems & Networks Security Expert
Comment 7 Sergey A. Osokin freebsd_committer 2003-10-20 11:49:06 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed, thanks!
Comment 8 llevier 2004-03-27 12:32:48 UTC
Hi Sergey,

I built the port for Hydra 2.6 (not published to ports tree yet), but I 
cant provide the required changes for FreeBSD 5.x.

Can you help?

Thanks

Brgrds

Laurent LEVIER
Systems & Networks Security Expert, CISSP CISM