- Update to 4.29.7
The highlights are:
- More robust MIME decoding, should catch postmaster bounces a lot better
when they include the entire message with broken MIME headers.
- <Script> tags in HTML message bodies can now be filtered out or disarmed,
just like what can be done already with <Form> tags and similar.
- Now unpacks self-extracting Zip archives.
- Now decodes binhex-encoded attachments, as well as binhex-encoded data
hidden in the text portion of a message.
- Postfix support for latest snapshots implemented.
Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.50
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:21:51PM +0200, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
> >Number: 65039
> >Category: ports
> >Synopsis: [MAINTAINER] mail/MailScanner: update to 4.29.7
> >Confidential: no
> >Severity: critical
Is there any reason to put it in "critical" level ?
On Thursday, April 01, 2004 4:16 PM Kirill Ponomarew =
> Is there any reason to put it in "critical" level ?
Sorry I forgot to explain. From my point of view there is. The old =
version did not catch all variants of NetSky, at least not always in =
bounces etc. Therefore this version gives a significant security =
While the mailscanner-devel branch already incorporated these fixes, the =
stable version (which many people choose to use due to stability) has =
just been released today.
Sorry to cause the inconvinience.
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer / COO
Phone: +49 (6151) 66843-43
Fax: +49 (6151) 66843-52