- Update to 4.30.3
Please remove these files from CVS:
Please add these files to CVS:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Zip files can now be located either by filename or by file contents, so
you can effectively control whether your users can avoid zip file checking
by renaming ".zip" to "_zip" for example. Note this does not affect virus
checking, the contents of zip files will still be scanned for viruses.
Note that this works with self-extracting zip files as well. The
configuration option is called "Find Archives By Content" and is on by
- Tightened up MIME decoder to catch more of the tests at www.testvirus.org.
- Added support for Grisoft AVG virus scanner. Thanks to Rick Cooper for his
hard work on this.
- BitDefender wrapper and autoupdate scripts now support both old and new
versions without any modifications needed. They find the version
- The upgrade_MailScanner_conf command now preserves all your custom
- Linux cron job scripts added to tarball distribution.
- Made the spam tag come before the virus tag on infected messages so that
spam can be dumped more easily automatically.
- Added support for SpamAssassin version 3.
- Added new configuration options so that RBL's (and SpamAssassin) can have
their network checks disabled is they fail more than a certain fraction of
the time. This is very good for finding unreliable RBL's that don't always
fail and are therefore not found by the "max timeouts" settings.
- Added new configuration option "Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients Exceed"
to catch spammers who deliver messages to lots of recipients, including
one recipient who chooses to receive all their spam.
- Added link to the Ellen MacArthur Trust to the home page. Please support
this charity, they perform excellent work in an area that is very close to
- Improved update_virus_scanners so it ignores the lock if it is old.
- Added scanner name to log output from library-based virus scanners modules.
- Improved building of SRPMs so they work on all RedHat and SuSE versions.
* Fixes *
- Debian fix for their different dir structure causing problems with
- Fixed problem where some HTML messages from Yahoo did not have the clean
message signature added to their HTML portion.
- Fixed problem with some systems not rewinding file extraction directory
- Fix to avoid problems in Qmail with regular expression match which reading
- Messages with too many attachments should get a proper report now.
- Quarantine and Incoming Queue group memberships should now work properly
for non-root users.
- Now only signs text/plain and text/html sections, so some PDF files and
Outlook messages are not corrupted.
Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.50