Bug 67701 - [patch] fix slave port detection and distfiles in localized linux-mozillafirebird ports
[patch] fix slave port detection and distfiles in localized linux-mozillafire...
Status: Closed FIXED
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s)
Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assigned To: Mark Linimon
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2004-06-08 07:50 UTC by linimon
Modified: 2004-06-23 22:47 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:

file.diff (6.68 KB, patch)
2004-06-08 07:50 UTC, linimon
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description linimon 2004-06-08 07:50:22 UTC
	Currently, it is not possible for automated tools (such as
	portsmon and FreshPorts) to determine whether or not certain
	ports are slave ports, which is needed to accurately update
	their web pages.  This patch, which otherwise has no effect on
	the installation of any of these ports, allows that detection.

	Because I had to run the installs for each port, I also had
	to fix some stale md5/size information.  Note that the maintainer
	should verify that these are The Right Thing.  For the one
	port (japanese/linux-mozillafirebird-gtk1) that was marked
	broken for only that reason, I also removed the BROKEN line.

	Further note: for the two ports that are marked BROKEN for
	other reasons (dependency chain problem), I did not investigate
	the problem, but instead made sure I could get as far along
	in the install as possible (i.e. make checksum, make describe,
	make -V DESCR, and make -V MD5_FILE return correct results),
	to convince me that my own change was benign.

How-To-Repeat: 	Update some metainfo (e.g. PORTREVISION) for the masterport
	and watch portsmon and FreshPorts still report the old
	metainfo for the slave ports.
Comment 1 vs freebsd_committer 2004-06-21 13:33:59 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->linimon

Mark's submission.
Comment 2 Mark Linimon freebsd_committer 2004-06-23 22:47:33 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed after maintainer timeout (2 weeks).