The author of the code has released an update for GPSMan. The
appended patch brings the astro/gpsman port up-to-date so that
it builds GPSMan-6.1.1.
In addition to the GPSMan-specific items below, I believe that
there is no longer a need to support a FreeBSD-specific tarball
of his work; accordingly, the port's Makefile will not have some
of the gross hacks required (as far as I know) to support such a
construct, as the original Makefile for 6.0.1 (ref. PR 50179)
did. This is a relief. :-}
* support for Spanish contributed by Alberto Morales (amd77_at_gulic.org).
* new options:
* user unit for altitude (metres, feet); suggested by Chuck Cox
* map default projection, map default position format.
* default line width for representing routes, tracks and polylines.
* MapGuide text format default version.
* route waypoints in GPSMan data files must now be given in full, using
names only is no longer supported; there is a new utility wpsinfull.tcl
in the util directory to convert old files.
* polylines as a new data type, to be used as background for the map;
suggested by David Kaplan (dmkaplan_at_ucdavis.edu).
* creation of a new waypoint at a given distance and bearing from an
existing one; asked by Alessandro Palmas (alpalmas_at_tin.it).
* routes and tracks now have colours that can be changed.
* speed graph for tracks; suggested by Paulo Quaresma (pq_at_di.uevora.pt).
* climb rate graph for tracks; suggested by Paul Scorer
(P.Scorer_at_leedsmet.ac.uk) who kindly provided a noise-reduction
filter for the data.
* 2D plots can now be resized; code contributed by Martin Buck
* 2D elevation and speed graphs can now be plotted against time instead
of total distance.
* the symbol of each waypoint in a group can be changed from the group
window; code contributed by Jean H. Theoret (ve2za_at_rac.ca).
* computation of distance along line on the map, extending previous
measurement between two points; suggested by Victor Yip
* control window or confirmation for slow operations; suggested by David
* support for GPX export format, both for exportation and importation
(including files produced by GPSBabel), contributed by Valère Robin
* exportation of waypoints and tracks in OziExplorer format; contributed
by Alessandro Palmas.
* importation of the 2003/2004 version of MapGuide; from information
sent by Heiko Theide (Heiko.Thede_at_gmx.de). There will be conversion
errors if the version of the file is different from that given by the
* importation/exportation of MapGuide files no longer depends on the
receiver brand; asked by Alessandro Palmas.
* importing NMEA log from file as a track (Garmin variant only); asked
by Siegfried Leisen (lei_at_cray.com).
* importing/exporting Shapefile files in position formats other than
decimal degrees for latitude/longitude and metres for altitude, and
datums other than "WGS 84". With gpsmanshp version 1.1 it is now
possible to read Shapefile polygons.
* importation of IGC (FAI GNSS) data files; asked by Paul Scorer.
* support for TFW (Tiff World File metadata format) files for
geo-referencing images; asked by Paolo Cavallini (cavallini_at_faunalia.it).
* partial support for OziExplorer map files for geo-referencing images;
asked by Eric Spierings (ericsp_at_odont.uio.no).
* support for grades (centesimal degrees) as signed floats.
* using the central/false longitude of a projection to fix the range of
possible longitude values; this corrects problems with longitude values
near E180 and have implications on how points and lines are displayed in
* new projections:
* CRT Italian projection and grid, from information sent by
* Austrian projection and grid (Bundesmeldenetz); suggested by
* Teale Albers projection and grid; asked by David Kaplan.
* Albers Equal Area and Lambert Equal Area Conic projections.
* French projections and grids; asked by Alessandro Palmas.
* new syntax for some old commands in command-line mode, and several new
commands, including execution of GPSMan command scripts and Tcl/Tk
scripts; partly in answer to questions from Joakim Majander
(Joakim.Majander_at_enprima.com) and Pascal Brisset
* explicit support for Garmin receivers (with thanks to): Geko 201
(Christoph Dworzak, Sabine Sagner-Weigl, David Klotz), Geko 301 (Laurent
Bonnaud), GPS5 (Matthias M. Weber), GPS12 Map (Gracjan Ziolek),
StreetPilot 3 (Gerrit Huizenga), Garmin Rino 120 (Chuck Cox), Garmin
Rino 110 (Alexander Damyanov), GPSMap60C (Klaus Ethgen).
* explicit support for the Garmin ForeTrex receiver, thanks to Aapo Rista
Fix: Apply the following patch & run portupgrade. :-}