Bug 72665 - [PATCH] devel/subversion: update to 1.1.0
Summary: [PATCH] devel/subversion: update to 1.1.0
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Lev A. Serebryakov
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2004-10-14 06:20 UTC by Cheng-Lung Sung
Modified: 2004-10-28 16:00 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
subversion-1.1.0.patch (8.47 KB, patch)
2004-10-14 06:20 UTC, Cheng-Lung Sung
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Cheng-Lung Sung 2004-10-14 06:20:05 UTC
- Update to 1.1.0

Added file(s):
- files/patch-svnperl-memoryleak

Port maintainer (lev@freebsd.org) is cc'd.

Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.63
Comment 1 Cheng-Lung Sung freebsd_committer 2004-10-14 06:24:24 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->lev

over to maintainer.
Comment 2 Bruce A. Mah 2004-10-25 19:45:04 UTC
PR ports/73135 has a partial update to 1.1.1.

Compared to my patch, I think you have a bit of plist breakage (I don't
see the *.po files), and you didn't address some breakage caused by the
apr-1.0 update (maybe it happened after you submitted this patch).

On the other hand, I managed to break the Perl bindings in my patch,
but it looks like you addressed whatever Perl changes were needed.

Maybe lev can take the best of both our patches.  :-)
Comment 3 Cheng-Lung Sung freebsd_committer 2004-10-26 01:12:37 UTC
Yes,
    This pr (patch) is not really suitable for upgrade.

    I've created two patches a few days ago,
    http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.0.patch
    http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.1.patch

    Though I didn't do a complete test :)

Thanks,
clsung
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 11:45:04AM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> PR ports/73135 has a partial update to 1.1.1.
> 
> Compared to my patch, I think you have a bit of plist breakage (I don't
> see the *.po files), and you didn't address some breakage caused by the
> apr-1.0 update (maybe it happened after you submitted this patch).
> 
> On the other hand, I managed to break the Perl bindings in my patch,
> but it looks like you addressed whatever Perl changes were needed.
> 
> Maybe lev can take the best of both our patches.  :-)
Comment 4 Bruce A. Mah 2004-10-26 05:09:36 UTC
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 17:12, Cheng-Lung Sung wrote:
>     I've created two patches a few days ago,
>     http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.0.patch
>     http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.1.patch
> 
>     Though I didn't do a complete test :)


Cool!  I merged in a few changes from your patch into my patch (I didn't
do the apr-config/apu-config detection quite correctly but you did, you
also fixed up some pre-existing port problems).  The resulting
combination of our two patches is at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/pub/subversion.patch

I think the major remaining differences are:  1) I updated
files/build-outputs.mk.patch whereas you deleted it (note that some form
of this patch is required for WITH_SVNSERVE_WRAPPER to work).  2) I
added SVN::Fs.3 to MAN3 for the WITH_PERL case.  3) I added a new patch
for Makefile.PL.in that tracks its new location (I think this buys us
"respect CCFLAGS").

I haven't played with the Perl bindings, but I tested the Python
bindings with an earlier version of this patch, as well as mod_dav_svn.

Thanks,

Bruce.
Comment 5 Cheng-Lung Sung freebsd_committer 2004-10-27 03:29:26 UTC
That's Great!!!1

Thank you :)

clsung.
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:09:36PM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 17:12, Cheng-Lung Sung wrote:
> >     I've created two patches a few days ago,
> >     http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.0.patch
> >     http://freebsd.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~clsung/subversion-1.1.1.patch
> > 
> >     Though I didn't do a complete test :)
> 
> Cool!  I merged in a few changes from your patch into my patch (I didn't
> do the apr-config/apu-config detection quite correctly but you did, you
> also fixed up some pre-existing port problems).  The resulting
> combination of our two patches is at:
> 
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/pub/subversion.patch
> 
> I think the major remaining differences are:  1) I updated
> files/build-outputs.mk.patch whereas you deleted it (note that some form
> of this patch is required for WITH_SVNSERVE_WRAPPER to work).  2) I
> added SVN::Fs.3 to MAN3 for the WITH_PERL case.  3) I added a new patch
> for Makefile.PL.in that tracks its new location (I think this buys us
> "respect CCFLAGS").
> 
> I haven't played with the Perl bindings, but I tested the Python
> bindings with an earlier version of this patch, as well as mod_dav_svn.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Bruce.
> 


Comment 6 Cheng-Lung Sung freebsd_committer 2004-10-27 04:00:58 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

closed, per submitter's request. 
obsoleted by ports/73135.
Comment 7 Bruce A. Mah freebsd_committer 2004-10-28 16:00:33 UTC
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 19:29, Cheng-Lung Sung wrote:
> That's Great!!!1


Now we need lev to commit it (or to let one of us do it).  :-)

Bruce.