FreeBSD Bugzilla – Bug 75308
Update port: java/poseidon
Last modified: 2004-12-20 19:26:20 UTC
This update contains the following changes:
- update to the new major version (3.0.1)
- replaced the Poseidon 3 startup script with an older one because I don't think it makes any sense to install bash2 for starting a java program ;)
- removed the knobs POSEIDON_SE and POSEIDON_PE and
- add knob WITH_EDITION (values are SE and PE)
The default edition is still the free Community Edition
I'll handle this.
Here are some additions to your original patch:
- In the launcher shell script, something is mentioned about user set
JAVA_HOME, but actually the path is hardcoded at the beginning of the
script. I changed that so now the JAVA_HOME is set only if not already
- The realpath(1) executable in the base system does the same things as
resolvePath() in the script, so I removed the function.
- I did a bit of double-quoting to be sure no space in either JAVA_HOME
or PREFIX will cause trouble (that's not gonna happen but just in
- The script is produced using SUB_FILES/SUB_LIST macros (read
bsd.port.mk header for further info on this recently added feature).
Please review the attached patch.
BTW, I tried running poseidon with JDK 1.3 and got the following:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/awt/HeadlessException
So it seems to me that JAVA_VERSION should be "1.4+"...
Commited. Thanks for your contribution.